TERNA ENERGY is a vertically organized Renewable Energy Sources company undertaking the Development, Construction, Financing, and Operation of renewable energy projects (wind, hydro, solar, biomass, waste management).
TERNA ENERGY, seeks to hire a Surveillance Officer to join its team based in Athens. From the company's control center, he/she monitors the operating conditions of the renewable energy plants. Key function is to mitigate equipment downtime and production losses through responsive, timely actions to maximize plant performance. The Surveillance Officer remotely monitors and controls plant equipment using Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) computer system.
- Read, understand, and apply information such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Maintain safe, reliable, and efficient operation by quickly responding to changing conditions in order to maximize availability and generation by operating facilities within all applicable permits, electrical system procedures, contractual obligations, and company objectives
- Visually monitor and read parameters, data points, and sensor outputs at specified intervals to verify operating conditions and to detect faults and malfunctions
- Monitor data such as weather conditions including wind speed, direction, turbulence, irradiance, storms
- Develop and implement effective strategies to maximize the generating assets value by capturing profit opportunities when possible
- Perform diagnostic analysis of operating data to assess operating performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Record operation actions taken during shift in operator's logbook or other automated logging mechanisms
Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, discover opportunities for improvements, and take appropriate action
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Technological Institute is preferred)
5 years’ experience working as a technician in wind turbine operation and maintenance services
- Proficient use of the English language (both oral & written)
Understanding of the technical operation and control of wind power plants is obligatory
- Proficient in operating computers and all other plant SCADA systems used in monitoring and controlling plant operations
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Work structured and consistent attention to detail
- Flexibility and multi-tasking
- Good analytical skills to process information in a timely and accurate manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Surveillance Officer works in shift assignments, in accordance with a 24/7/365 work schedule including holidays and weekends.
The candidates who meet the requirements only, should apply by sending their resume with the indication SO-TE-10 by clicking on the apply button below.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.