We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world’s intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About Nokia Greece
Nokia Hellas has a presence of 30 years in Greece with a Global Technology Center facility in Athens and is the #1 ICT R&D hub with more than 900 employees of 34 years average age, out of which, 80% University graduates and 50% postgraduates. At NOKIA Hellas we lead the implementation of technology edge in software, networks and communications. We develop and export the software that powers 5G for the international market. Our technology stack includes cloud native architecture, DevOps and end-to-end automation. Being a member of NOKIA Hellas means that you are a member of the most innovative teams in the world, building an international career while working in Greece.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions for Nokia 4G and 5G telecom networks. Your scope of work will include daily cooperation with Scrum Master, Product Owner, Software & System Architects and other technical experts so that to effectively achieve the committed objectives. Continuously improve your technical and soft skills following a concrete career plan with the support of your direct supervisor and technical experts of your group
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
You will join a Development team that owns a defined functional area with target to translate customer or internal requirements to the needed changes. Design, implementation and testing as well as analyzing and solving area related engineering problems and hitches will be part of your work.
You will participate in the design and creation of scalable software, following the new requirements based on your defined duties inside the team.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and back-end development, coding languages, using APIs, testing practices, describing your work through technical documentation and be able to integrate third party SW components in your work as well.
Independent of your specific role inside the team, you should also be a team player and open to new challenges.
Qualifications - Skill set requirements
- BSc in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent degree
- Working or proven experience as Full Stack Software Engineer
- Familiar with development applications using Linux (e.g. GitLab)
- Working experience and very good knowledge of Programing languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Go)
- Quick learner, self-starter, able to work independently having strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- An analytical mind with aptitude for methodical problem troubleshooting and solving
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent English spoken and written
The following qualifications will be considered as plus:
- Experience in Web development (php, angular, html, java script, css)
- Knowledge of Mobile Systems standards (3GPP)
- Experience with Virtualization platforms such as CloudBand, OpenStack, VMWare etc.- Experience with Container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift etc.