8BELLS is an SME specialising in modelling and analysis for businesses as well as in selected parts of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), based in Nicosia, Cyprus. The company has been established recently by ICT researchers and analysts pursuing the application of their research expertise and innovations in the ICT related arena. 8BELLS delivers customisable solutions that enhance modern communications relevant to the area of 5G Mobile Technology, Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) and also management solutions for cloud infrastructures. Additionally, 8BELLS participates in the ongoing Horizon 2020 framework, with focus on cybersecurity, 5G and Smart Mobility.
The Technical Proposal Writer is in charge of leading proposals efforts, from concept to presentation. You will work in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, collaborative environment involving internal stakeholders and external teaming partners.
8BELLS is seeking a Technical Proposal Writer, preferably with experience in the development of proposals in Horizon 2020 Work Programmes, related to the broader area of Computer Science and/or Telecommunications. Candidates will be preferred if they have knowledge of European funding sources and they can engage with partner organisations and funding bodies. Candidates have to be graduates of technical disciplines of well-established European Universities. Other exceptional candidates from recognised institutions are also welcome.
Working with us, you will expect:
● A unique opportunity for a career in a European oriented company and self-development.
● Attractive compensation package based on qualifications and experience.
● Youthful and professional work culture and environment.
● Flexible work hours.
● International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading-edge technology.
As a Technical Proposal Writer, you will focus on European funded initiatives in the compilation of proposals in Horizon 2020 Programmes, including to build networks, foster communication and initiate collaborations between 8BELLS and R&D communities and you will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
● Monitoring of suitable European innovation dedicated funding schemes;
● Establish innovation strategy and work plan for R&D proposals;
● Develop proposals for EU innovation-related funding schemes;
● Oversee the projects execution and contribute to deliverables;
● Manage and foster relationships with 8BELLS’ existing partners and identify new international collaborations;
● Participate in EU level working groups and platforms, representing 8BELLS strategic interests.
● University degree in Science or Engineering is required. The possession of a M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. degrees is a plus;
● Knowledge of H2020 (and other, e.g., ESA, Interreg, ENIMED, etc.) funding programmes and opportunities;
● Experience in project management/implementation;
● Existing network and connections in ICT community;
● Availability to travel for partner meetings and events abroad;
● Fluency in English.
● Creative, analytical, and organisational skills;
● Strong communication skills (written and oral);
● “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
● Ability to multitask and work under pressure;