Signal Ocean is a fast-growing B2B Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) start-up aiming to enhance decision making across the commercial ship management and commodities trading verticals.
We are looking for an expert Software Engineer to take up a leading, hands-on role in the development and operation of our technical infrastructure, internal tools and our test automation suite.
You will have the opportunity to work with our technical leadership, Product Managers, Development Leads, Engineers, and Data Scientists to understand the full stack of our financial technology products, from a user's and a developer's perspective. You will be exposed to and work closely together in state-of-the-art technologies, including MS Azure/AWS, Kubernetes, Service Fabric, C# .Net and .Net Core, React, Python, Git, SQL Azure, MongoDB, Teamcity
- Work with development leads, software engineers and data scientists to configure Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), assist with deployments, develop tools and enable product engineering teams
- Understand and vet pre-existing technical and test-automation infrastructure and approach
- Lead engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around quality, availability and performance of our production services
- Own, extend and operate the company's test automation infrastructure and a series of related internal tools and cloud infrastructure; Train and engage others in its effective use.
- Stay up-to-date with new tooling and testing strategies
- Work with consultants and/or outsourced teams to accelerate progress in the above
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of proven work experience in C#
- Work experience in developing and deploying solutions to the cloud, preferably MS Azure
- Experience in automated software testing and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an teams organized using Agile principles
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company's working language)
- Competitive salary, up to one-day-per-week work from home, private insurance and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority)
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Fun and well equipped work environment