Department: Consumer Europe,
Planning Location: Mandra, Greece
Reports to (Title): Supply Planning Director Skin Health
Caring for the world, one person at a time...inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson.
We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance
the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout
the world. Johnson & Johnson has an open culture with strong principles that have been
incorporated in our company credo. We have more than 265 operating companies in more than
60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Europe is a leading supplier of Fast-Moving Consumer Goods. Our
products are produced and distributed in all major European countries and exported overseas.
For our strategic production site in Mandra (Greece) we are recruiting a Plant Planning Manager,
with the mission to manage, develop and own work processes that integrate customer delivery
requirements into manufacturing plans and achieve target of service, cost and inventory. He/she
supervises the planning and preparation of production schedules for manufacturing, material
supply, suppliers relationship/service level and master data activities. He/she owns Site RCCP,
MPS, MRP and Scheduling.
Besides operational KPIs such as Customer Service, Inventory, Production Schedule Attainment,
etc. the Manager Plant Planning has a pivotal role in strategic projects to continuously improve
the Supply Chain capabilities of the site according to our long-term strategy.
The Plant Planning manager is leading a team of 7 FTEs, is reporting to the Regional Integrated
Planning Director, with a dotted line to the Production Site lead. The plant planning manager if
part of the Plant Leadership Team.
The role of the Plant Planning Manager will include among others the following responsibilities:
- Own and is accountable for all PLAN activities/processes on site in a yearly, monthly, weekly cadence. Some of these activities are Business Planning, Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Production Scheduling, Material Resource Planning – secure the weekly planning drumbeat and performance.
- Own the planning function KPIs (e.g Schedule Attainment, Unit Fill Rate, Inventory, DNBR (Days Before Next Run), Inventory health (including SLOB (Slow/Excess inventory), etc…) - and partner with Regional Supply manager for addressing any structure deficiencies
- Represent the PLAN function in the site leadership team. Accountable for cascading the regional Plan OGSM to the plant’s team while ensuring proper integration with plant’s priorities.
- Drive operational excellence with his team to meet the given business targets Ensure optimal production planning to improve customer service while at the continuous base keeping the factory cost and inventory in-balance.
- Co-own with the site leader, the site’s agility implementation roadmap to achieve best in class in term of production frequency, replenishment lead-time. and any other levers for an agile and responsiveness supply chain. Career Opportunities in Johnson &Johnson
- Supervise the sub teams for Production Scheduling, Material supply management and Master Data and secure processes and priorities are all well established.
- Plan and execute planning activities related to NPI and Phase-in Phase-out with the objective to minimize / avoid SLOB and write-off on components. Secure planning / master data factory readiness on time to integrate any NPI into the standard processes of scheduling and material supply.
- Supervise materials supply, supplier management and call-offs. Owns supplier performance including service and quality. Define required inventory entitlement for Raw and Packaging to shorten time fence and meet objectives of service.
- Accountable for shaping the team’s objectives, priorities and training attendance and adherence to process. Holds regular performance reviews and develops the individual’s development plans.
- Keep a close connection to the wider Supply Chain network and is a business partner to these functions (On site: Production, Quality, Project Management, Finance and Regional: Supply Planning, Source, Finance, Make, etc.)
- 10-15 years working experience in a large international company performing various functions within supply chain; strong preference for manufacturing experience.
- Experienced people leader who continuously develops individuals and supports personal growth.
- End to End thinker that is capable to understand and influence other supply chain functions and leads to optimal decision making on operational and strategic level.
- Proven experience in evolving in a matrix organization, leverage local and regional stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems is required, with a preference for SAP R/3 and APO.
- Proven strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of factory financials with the ability to steer appropriate decision making in the Plan function
Competencies and Skills:
- Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behavior consistent with Our Credo
- Leadership, planning management expertise and strategic thinking
- Strong people management expertise and cross-functional business acumen
- A reliable, flexible, open minded, change leader that is solution-oriented with the ability to prioritize for him/herself and the team
- Proficient communication skills & strong customer mindset with a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing principles & practices; lean principles and deployment
- Knowledge of new product commercialization processes
- University Degree, Master's level or equivalent, related to Engineering or Supply Chain
- 10 –15 years of experience in various supply chain functions, in manufacturing environment
- Fluency in English
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality