Cloud & DevOps Engineer
Eight Bells, a rapidly growing company in the technology and research with new offices in the heart of Nicosia, is seeking an enthusiastic and tech savvy Cloud & DevOps Engineer to join our technology team. As part of our technology team, the candidate position is focused on corporate technology resources and Cloud and Linux based infrastructure and services. The successful candidate will have parts in building, deploying and maintaining our IaaS infrastructure as well as corporate resources internally used by the company. Technically, the candidate is driven to learn, organized and has a sound technical understanding of Linux and Cloud based technologies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:- Building and Maintaining company IT infrastructure and services.
- Deployment and maintenance of technology resources adhering to company research and commercial projects.
- Evaluation and deployment of FOSS technologies to improve our best-of-breed technology stack approach.
- BSc Computer Science required, MSc desirable.
- At least 2 years of working with Linux and FOSS.
- Knowledge of OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Strong working knowledge of OpenStack or other cloud technologies.
- Proven knowledge of working with scripting languages (Python, BASH).
- Proven knowledge of working with code repositories such as Git.
- Willingness to automate the universe you physically occupy.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices.
- Good communication skills - must be able to convey technical and non-technical tasks to collaborators, in writing and verbally.
- Competency to follow specification and produce high quality deliverables.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least 5 year experience in cloud based environments
- Experience on Disaster, Backup, and Data Management