A dynamic cultural institute in the center of Athens, the Museum of Cycladic Art focuses on promoting the ancient cultures of the Aegean and Cyprus, with particular emphasis on Cycladic art of the third millennium BC. The Museum's permanent collections include 3000 Cycladic, ancient Greek, and ancient Cypriot artefacts, dated from the fourth millennium BC to approximately the sixth century AD. The Museum of Cycladic Art's temporary exhibitions focus on archaeology and modern and contemporary art with the aim to familiarize the public with important twentieth and twenty-first century artists and to explore the relations between ancient cultures and modern art. Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Thomas Struth, Louise Bourgeois, Sarah Lucas, Ugo Rondinone, Jannis Kounellis, Mario Merz, Ai Weiwei, and Cy Twombly are among the artists hosted.
The Cycladic Shop is a design store that promotes contemporary and classic art pieces, while it showcases a great collection of exact marble replicas and artefacts. Cycladic Shop is an integral part of the Museum of Cycladic Art, as the profits of every purchase support its educational programs. There is a physical store in the Museum's area and an e-shop. The Shop tries to support established and emerging artists from Greece, but it also collaborates with many foreign designers. The items are classified into 6 main categories: Jewelry, Living, Kids, Ancient Greek Art replicas, Publications, Marble objects. Cycladic Shop also has a collection of merchandise products and many items which are exclusively designed for the Shop.
As Digital E-Commerce Marketing Manager your role will include:
- Create, edit and upload product photography and descriptions to the e-commerce platform and remove discontinued/out-of-stock items
- Being the first point of contact for customers contacting the website, ensuring all communication is answered
- Dealing with all customer enquiries; deliveries, resolving simple technical issues and forwarding client queries to relevant teams where necessary
- Stays up-to-date on developing technologies and technology trends, researches competitors' offerings, and makes recommendations for improvements to the site
- Leads digital commerce projects from discovery to launch phase
- Manages Digital Commerce budgeting and reporting
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Digital, Marketing and technical partner to develop user journeys and key messages to support audience development strategies
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, develop graphics and creative assets aligned with brand and graphic identity
- Develop engaging and accurate content for targeted email communications, including copy writing/editing
- Gather metrics for internal reporting and optimizing future campaigns
- Maintain best practices for digital communications and publishing on Instagram, following editorial guidelines, and ensuring accuracy, usability, and a consistent institutional voice
- Tracking and analyzing important metrics that affect website traffic, service quotes and target audiences
- Ensure that the brand message is consistent
- Three to five years of experience in e-commerce.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the key concepts of digital marketing and the main channels and techniques including SEO, PPC, social media, affiliate marketing and email marketing
- Write and edit content across various digital platforms
- Ability to create content across image on software applications such as the Adobe Suite
- Experience in working with time-sensitive projects and tight deadlines
- Analytical skills with ability to generate metrics reports using Google Analytics, Facebook Reporting Platform
- Required Technical Skills: expertise and knowledge of best practices with respect to email service providers, content management systems, basic knowledge of HTML, and major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Required excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Professional, and internet browser software is required.
- Strong communication stills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative mindset.