We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world’s intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About Nokia Greece
Nokia Hellas has a presence of 30 years in Greece with a Global Technology Center facility in Athens and is the #1 ICT R&D hub with more than 900 employees of 34 years average age, out of which, 80% University graduates and 50% postgraduates. At NOKIA Hellas we lead the implementation of technology edge in software, networks and communications. We develop and export the software that powers 5G for the international market. Our technology stack includes cloud native architecture, DevOps and end-to-end automation. Being a member of NOKIA Hellas means that you are a member of the most innovative teams in the world, building an international career while working in Greece.
We’re looking for talented System Test Engineers to join the local Athens team in order to verify 4G/5G network elements. Multiple positions are open in different teams working on various products.
You will be responsible for the system level testing of new features and releases before they become globally available.
- System level testing which may include E2E Functional, Security, Performance, Stability, Capacity, Stress and Provocative testing
- Responsible for feature requirement analysis, test case design/optimization, automation, execution, defect reporting and correction verification.
- Acting as a product quality gatekeeper
- Engaging in process optimization of system integration, verification and test automation.
- Setting up and maintaining E2E test environments resembling customer setups.
- Developing new test methods/tools to improve test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Providing training and support to less experienced team members as well as other internal/external stakeholders
- BSc or MSc in Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- Strong technical background in telecommunications (wireless or fixed networks), system and network performance test processes, test environment setup and debugging methods
- Good understanding of Linux based operating systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Dedication and team spirit, self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multinational environment
- Continuous improvement and proactive mindset
- Experience in any of Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP, IPv6 protocols and technologies
- Experience in performance testing tools (e.g iPerf, Spirent Test Center)
- Hands on test experience in fixed or 4G/5G mobile network CPEs/UEs
- CCNA/CCNP certification
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) concepts (4G/5G)
- Experience and interest in the creation of automated test cases using Robot, bash scripting, TCL, Python etc
- Work experience with Virtualization platforms such as CloudBand, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
- Work experience with Container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift etc.
- Experience in Security testing techniques and tools (eg Burp, Nessus, Defensics (Codenomicon), Qualys, Netsparker etc)
- Flexibility to travel abroad and support customer trial activities will be considered as a plus