The Orange Academy B.V.
Hotels & Resorts nationwide in The Netherlands
What do we provide?
- Internship of 9 months in a 3 *** or 4 **** Hotel in the Netherlands trained by a certified Master Chef,
- Free housing during the complete internship incl. Free WIFI and a washing machine,
- Internship fee during the total program which you get every week on your Iban nr,
- Covered travel expenses and an arriving pick-up at the Airport in The Netherlands,
- Free working clothes,
- Free Netflix account,
- Free online Emergency course,
- Free online Dutch course,
- After graduation, we will help you finding a job as a cook in The Netherlands.
This is an internship in The Netherlands that would be ideal for a want to be Cook and current culinary student.
100 Work Locations
Amsterdam, Zeeland, The Hague, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Maastricht, Dutch Islands, Veluwe.
What will I be doing?
A Cook is responsible for contributing to menu creation, managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent guest and member experience while managing food cost controls.
A Cook will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers, check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Checks and maintains coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food product
- Takes proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
- Ensures that buffets and pantry stations are set for forecasted covers, reservations and special functions
- Works as a team member to maintain pleasant work environment, comes to work on time
- Reports to work dressed according to the dress-code
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an on going basis.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
- High school diploma
- You must be able to speak, read and understand basic English
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Good attention to detail, must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with department managers, team members and guests
- Must possess a strong team spirit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8-9 hours a day
- Ability to hear equipment, timers, etc…
- Ability to see and to check quality and portion sizes
- Ability to work in extreme conditions like freezers and kitchens, occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, Hot surfaces, steam, wet floors, hot grease, and water
- Good dexterity to handle equipment (knives, slicers, mixers, pots, pans, other sharps objects, electrical shocks, etc…)
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
- Ability to communicate with employees and guests.
Fee during full-time internship in the Netherlands: €100,= per week
Fee during full-time class in Sofia/Italy: € 60,= per week
International Cooking Course.
For this education The Orange Academy has a partner, the “HRC Culinary Academy" in Sofia and “Eccelsa Istituto" in Alberobello, Italy. To attent the cooking course at HRC in Sofia, Bulgaria, you need to have an original High School diploma. Without any diploma’s, you can only attent the cooking course in Alberobello, Italy at Eccelsa Istituto.
All programs at HRC are taught in English.
The program sequence is as follow:
- Part 1: Practical internship in the Netherlands, organized by The Orange Academy, duration 6 months + free housing.
- Part 2: Theory and practical course 6 weeks by HRC or Eccelsa, starting September 2020.
- Part 3: Practical internship in the Netherlands, organized by The Orange Academy, duration 3 months + free housing.
- Part 4: Graduation for the Full Professional Certificate Culinary Arts.
We are recruiting maximum 16 students for this course. The start of the internship in The Netherlands will be starting in medio February/March 2020.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, genetic information or other protected class.
Our locations are drug-free.
Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in The Netherlands will not be considered.
Contact our recruiter Miss Luana Scarafile by email: [Για να στείλετε τo βιογραφικό σας κάντε κλικ εδώ] or Maaike Nibbelke by email [Για να στείλετε τo βιογραφικό σας κάντε κλικ εδώ] or Skype: maaike.nibbelke.