Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and we are currently looking for a Technical Office Engineer to join our experienced Technical Office team in Athens.
Are you an adventurer? Do you enjoy working with different cultures and travelling around the world? Join our journey!
You will be involved in impactful mega international EPC projects and you will have the opportunity to add value to our mission, learn from multidisciplinary teams and grow within a world class team.
You will be part of the Marine & Infrastructure Division (MID) and support the Technical Offices and Construction teams across countries. We will count on you for the design of temporary works, construction engineering and technical documentation.
What you will need to do:
- Support the construction Civil Site Engineers at projects across countries in the preparation of construction documentation such as method statements, lifting plans, procedures, etc.
- Support the Construction team to develop the construction methodology
- Support the design and implementation monitoring for temporary works and tools towards the execution of construction works.
- Provide technical input to Tenders such as project execution plans, method statements, technical notes, constructability reviews.
- Provide on-site support to project teams at Archirodon’s sites in the countries of operation (approximately 30% annually, with the possibility to be based on-site for approximately 2 months consecutively)
- Oversee construction works and supervising construction teams
- Check technical details and drawings to ensure correct implementation in the field
- Be responsible for the HSE performance of his team
- Ensure that the works are performed at the required quality standards
- Provide technical advice and solving problems at site
- Support the coordination and design of temporary works
- Assist at the design coordination and as-built drawings
- Support the purchase requests for project materials
- Support the development of technical submittals for project materials
- Participate in constructability reviews
- Prepare construction documentation such as method statements, lifting plans, procedures, etc.
- Prepare site reports
What you will need to have:
- University degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Working experience in a similar role in an EPC contractor
- Knowledge of design & engineering tools e.g. structural design software (e.g. SAP 2000, Sofistic, RSTUB), finite analysis software (e.g. Abaqus, ANSYS), MATLAB
- Very good knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite, SketchUp will be a plus.
- Excellent command (written and oral) of the English language
- Driving licence
What it is nice to have:
- Any relevant trainee international experience in works related to Marine and Offshore, Energy (Power & Water, Oil & Gas), and Infrastructure would be a definite asset
- Good command (written and oral) of French and/or Arabic
You are someone who:
- Displays active listening skills and team spirit.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking and very good communication skills with ability to explain confidently complex information to the point
- Is effective at solving problems, trouble-shooting and making timely decisions
- Is independent, able to perform under pressure
- Is eager to learn and professionally grow
- Is flexible and keen to take initiatives
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!