Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a full of potential and reliable Senior Subcontract Manager to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Procurement team in our Athens Office.
Are you ready to travel, be part of and learn from an international dynamic team? Do you enjoy working with different cultures and travelling around the world?
Are you a self-motivated Senior Subcontract Manager professional, looking for a new role to get passionate about? Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence? We’d like to meet you!
Join our journey. Build towards excellence.
In this role, you will be involved in impactful mega international EPC projects and you will have the opportunity to grow within a world class team.
You will play a critical role in our big EPC projects as we will count on you for assigning at Corporate level and is working under the direction of the Corporate Procurement Department Manager. Furthermore, you will be able to cover the following:
- Overall supervision, guidance and monitoring for all Subcontract activities framework in Archirodon Group and projects
- Direct involvement and management of the main Subcontracts strategies, negotiation and finalization as per project requirement
- Interface on a regular basis with the concerned Project Procurement Manager to ensure the Subcontract activities is fully supported
- Work closely with Contract & Legal department or any Contract Manager assigned at Project level
- Provide guidance and support for the possible variation order during the Post Award
- Strive to achieve Procedural integrity on his project and ensure a zero-tolerance policy is maintained
What you will need to do:
- Development of Subcontract strategies for preparation and presentation to the Division Management, Project Management and Corporate Procurement Management
- Direct involvement in the strategy definition and management of main Subcontracts
- Ensure the key stake holders (Division Management, Corporate Procurement, Contract & Legal, Construction, Project Control) have been involved in the subcontract process when required
- Coordinate with relevant in-house departments to ensure all requirements are included in pre-qualification and tender documents – including flowdown -and prepare/issue the RFQ to the subcontractors identified in the Bidders lists
- Ensure continuous alignment with the Company Contractual Policy and Client Contractual requirements
- Propose negotiation strategies and lead commercial and contractual negotiations when required
- Supervise or ensure proper negotiation with Subcontractors (T&C, schedule, commercial aspects etc.), commercial evaluation of proposals and selection of Subcontractors
- Ensure proper Contracts/Agreements finalization and Contract follow up including management of changes
- Coordinate with the Project Procurement team from the issue of the Scope of Work up to the delivery of the Services at Site, and ensure that Services are performed and delivered as per Project requirements
- Review all correspondence and take necessary actions as required. Maintain the files for each Subcontracts in an orderly fashion
- Analyze the areas of concern (for subcontract related activities), identify risks/impact in project execution and suggest possible solutions and corrective actions
- Ensure the proper filing and close out of the Subcontract activities is in place
- Train Procurement team on effective Subcontract framework, processes and strategy
What you will need to have:
- University degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Previous experience in Construction EPC projects
- Previous experience with Projects in Middle East or/and North Africa
- Overall 10 years’ experience in work related field (Subcontract and Quantity Surveyor) including 5 years’ as Subcontract Manager on large Projects or Corporate level
- Strong contractual skills (Able to manage complex contractual clarifications)
- Fluency in the English (oral and written)
What it nice to have:
- Good knowledge of ERP systems and any other related software
You are someone who:
- Is confident of his/her abilities and likes to present new problem-solving ideas
- Displays active listening skills and ability to build rapport easily
- Can develop and get exposed to new things every day!
- Can prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Enjoys challenge, working with different cultures and travelling!
- Is resourceful and ownership taker
- Pays extreme attention to detail
- Is able to build strong working relationships; you will be called for managing reporting at Division, Project and Corporate level with people of various cultures & nationalities
What is in it for you:
Competitive salary and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading EPC Group on a mission that matters. We create mega construction projects - literally around the globe - with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Archirodon, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!