We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world’s intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About Nokia Greece
Nokia Hellas has a presence of 30 years in Greece with a Global Technology Center facility in Athens and is the #1 ICT R&D hub with more than 900 employees of 34 years average age, out of which, 80% University graduates and 50% postgraduates. At NOKIA Hellas we lead the implementation of technology edge in software, networks and communications. We develop and export the software that powers 5G for the international market. Our technology stack includes cloud native architecture, DevOps and end-to-end automation. Being a member of NOKIA Hellas means that you are a member of the most innovative teams in the world, building an international career while working in Greece.
Evolving the services that are provided to customers, NOKIA is delivering DevOps solutions which are constantly being developed according to the cut-edge technology. Those are end-to-end services including Service Provisioning, Service Automation, Monitoring, and Reporting functions. We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineer willing to join our team and provide state of the art DevOps services, who will work together with very talented engineers, in a technically challenging and stimulating environment.
As a member of our team you will be responsible to:
- Be part of a global development virtual team that will be in charge to perform analysis, implementation, evolution and validation of the DevOps solutions
- Interact with teams located abroad and support technical conversations in English - knowing how to work with people from different cultures is therefore essential.
- Contribute to modern software tool development (frontend, backend) using opensource tools and technologies
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Qualifications - Skill set requirements:
- Relevant professional experience 2+ years
- BSc in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent degree or work experience
- Backend scripting knowledge (e.g. python, bash).
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (e.g. C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with containers, helm, docker, kubernetes
- Knowledge on Linux Operating systems (Centos, RedHat)
- Version control system (e.g. git, gerrit)
- Experience with setting up CI/CD environments and pipelines
- Unix server administration
- Test & debug programs, improve functionality of existing systems. Good problem-solving skills
- You are rigorous, autonomous and proactive
- Dedication and team spirit, self-motivated and ability of working independently
- Excellent written and oral communication, fluent in English
- Free of military service obligations (applicable for male candidates)
The following qualifications will be considered as plus:
- Tools knowledge such as Jenkins, Robot, Selenium, Harbor, Artifactory, REST.
- Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, Google Cloud ...
- Familiarity with databases (SQL, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Solr, …)
- Strong analytic abilities and affinity for innovative ideas.