At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Wrapped in ancient mythology in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, where lavender lands meet sapphire waters and our collection of rooms, suites and villas embody the timeless glamour of the Aegean. The warm Mediterranean hospitality is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
About the role
Responsible for the overall maintenance of resorts buildings, infrastructure, hardscape and softscape; This includes ensuring that equipment is operated and maintained according to local regulations, manufacturer specifications and meets safety requirements and that all Engineering staff follow appropriate safety guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As instructed and to assist the Engineering Manager in the following:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of resort’s buildings and infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintenance of hardscape and softscape.
- To ensure that equipment is operated and maintained according to local regulation, manufacturer specifications and meets safety requirements.
- To be familiar with safety standards and legal requirements and to ensure they are followed in daily activities.
- To coordinate with external contractors to perform MEP and civil maintenance activities and follow up the maintenance contracts.
- To follow up and ensure that minimum quantities of spare parts and expendables are always available on site. To purchase and manage the items, in agreement with Director of Engineering.
- To ensure that MEP equipment failures or issues are responded to promptly and appropriately.
- To follow up activities as per preventive maintenance calendar and to keep record it.
- To follow up on refurbishment and wooden fixtures and all other reparation civil works.
- To follow up landscaping activities to ensure outstanding landscaping conditions (maintenance, pest control, irrigation, tree care, forest cleaning etc.)
- To ensure that maintenance requests, work orders and reports are properly filled-in (in the maintenance software).
- To ensure that all the assets are properly imported and followed up in the maintenance software.
- To assist in developing and managing of departmental budget, tracking and approving expenditure, in agreement with Director of Engineering.
- To assist, supervise and continuously give feedback to technicians on their tasks.
- To follow up daily all utilities consumption (electricity, water, heating & cooling, Natural Gas) and to perform prompt action if any deviation from expected consumption is noted.
- To follow up room maintenance as per Perfect room Program.
- To be familiar with the buildings BoH and public areas and all pieces of MEP equipment (HVAC, pumps, substations, power generators, etc.) and installation (piping, cabling, valves, control panels, ducting, kitchen equipment, dampers, utility meters…)
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Engineering.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Degree on Electrical (or Mechanical) Engineering
- Proven experience of 2-3 years on maintenance or facility management, ideally in luxury hospitality
- Strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Experience in handling electrical systems (MV-LV), automations, security systems, BMS, HVAC, pumping stations, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of Ms Office & AutoCAD
- Proven success working as a leader, still team orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Strong decision-making attributes, including working under pressure
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.