Location: Mykonos, Greece
Starting date: May 2023
Reports to: Spa Manager
Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye.
An integral part of Santa Marina, the well-known Ginkgo Spa, a luxurious and pristine sanctuary of relaxation and rejuvenation, is recruiting for Fitness Instructor to join a team of resourceful and driven professionals.
As a Fitness Instructor at Ginkgo Spa, Santa Marina, you are an inspiring professional whose approachable attitude is surpassed only by outstanding talent and pride in charismatically leading group and personal training sessions that lead to unfading and nostalgic recollections.
- Instruct fitness classes, ensure safe exercise practice via observation and correction, and inspect exercise equipment.
- Develop effective, engaging, and motivating class formats accompanied by fun and appropriate playlists.
- Assist in all areas of the fitness operations as requested by the Spa Manager.
- Provide efficient guest service from point of arrival to check out.
- Undertake day-to-day cleaning of all equipment and general upkeep of the gym, including stock replenishment as required.
- Report any maintenance and stock issues to the Spa Manager.
- Εnsure that adequate standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times.
- Αttend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- Undertake other duties, as specified by the Spa Manager which are appropriate to the level and general responsibilities of the post.
Experience, Requirements & Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience ideally within the luxury hospitality setting.
- Degree in physical education or fitness instructor certification.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek language.
- Experience in instructing and leading exercises in an adult fitness setting, using spotting techniques.
- Previous experience as a personal trainer.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Positive attitude, commitment, and professionalism.
- Passionate about health and wellness and how nutrition can positively affect one’s physical and emotional well-being.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Staff Accommodation & meals on & off duty.
- Uniform provided and laundered.
- Free Parking.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now by sending an up-to-date CV.
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier. In the event of a successful application, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please note CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken into consideration.