Location: Mykonos, Greece
Starting date: May 2024
Reports to: Spa Manager
Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye.
Santa Marina, A Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is recruiting for a Fitness Instructor on a seasonal employment basis.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our Ginkgo Spa team of resourceful and driven professionals.
As a Fitness Instructor, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at Santa Marina Resort & Villas.
- Creates and implements scheduled programming, delivers the highest quality of classes, sessions and services to meet the physical abilities and interests of the guests. Classes may include but are not limited to Guided Meditation, Pilates, Suspension training, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Weight Training, as well as private one-on-one personal training sessions and selected wellness experiences.
- Educates guests on the correct utilization of the machines and equipment, as well as promoting safe exercising and proper mechanics.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of all fitness services, and wellness trends as well as the Spa menu and retail, that is offered to increase revenue, and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Ensures all fitness equipment, machines and tools in Fitness Studio are clean, organized and maintained in safe and good working condition.
- Monitors the status of all fitness machines and equipment, as well as any safety hazards, unsafe practices and immediately notify the supervisor if there is any maintenance or repair required.
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities.
- Completes required reports and administration, and follows standard operating procedures for all duties.
- Assists with Spa reception duties when required, including but not limited to guests check-in, inquiries, general reception duties, and assisting with maintaining the Spa & Wellness facility.
Experience, Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of three (3) years’ industry experience coaching, training or instructing preferably within a private studio, health club or luxury hotel facility.
- An internationally accredited Fitness Diploma Certification in Fitness classes, Yoga and Personal Training or Degree in Physical Education, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology.
- Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury Hotels or Luxury Fitness Studios.
- Sales experience; friendly and approachable.
- Strong, primary focus on the health and Wellness industry, with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements.
- Physical Fitness; must be able to conduct several physical Fitness classes/sessions per day, every day.
- Possess refined customer service and public speaking skills. Energetic and strong motivational ability.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek language.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Staff Accommodation & meals on & off duty.
- Uniform provided and laundered.
- Free Parking.
Successful candidates for our Fitness Instructor opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to Santa Marina Resort & Villas and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to grow within the most innovative hospitality operator, please apply now by sending an English up-to-date CV and a recent photograph.
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier. In the event of a successful application, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please note CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken into consideration.