Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion and Outdoor brands. The Group now has approximately 3,400 stores across 32 territories, with a strong presence in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. In JD Group, we believe in extending our entrepreneurial and competitive spirit beyond financial performance to making the world around us a better place. We always strive to do the right thing for our colleagues, our customers, and our communities.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Store Supervisor (Textiles / Shoes) for JD Sports Store in River West!
Being part of the store’s Junior Management team you will provide managerial support and help maintain and improve the levels of customer service throughout your section. You will provide assistance in the supervision of all staff while maintaining the standards of the shop floor. Furthermore, you will deal with certain managerial processes on a daily basis as instructed by Store Management.
What You Will Do
- Provide customers with excellent levels of Customer service.
- Deal with customer complaints and enquires, providing the best possible outcome.
- Ensure the personal appearance of sales staff is in line with company guidelines.
- Have an understanding of the Customer Service measuring programme.
- Ensure that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Monitor staff service levels in order to maximise store sales.
- Utilise in-store devices, making sure that the customer is offered the whole product range.
- Use reports to assist you in product placement of key selling lines.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Provide assistance with the maintenance of standards on the sales floor.
- Keep stock clean and presentable at all times.
Training & Development
- Encourage personal progression throughout your store
- Provide assistance with the induction and training of new starters.
- Assist with the development of existing staff, ensuring that personnel completes the relevant E-Assessments.
- Experience in equivalent position in Retail area (ideally in fashion, Retail Supervisor experience would be advantageous).
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent use of English language and computer skills
- Numerical and analytical knowledge to monitor KPIs
- Passion for sports and fashion
- Willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
- Competitive compensation package & performance bonus
- Career development opportunities & education programs
- Health & wellness programs to keep you active
- One day off, part of our "parents’ day off" program
- Generous employee discount in all our brands
- Extras, discounts and perks - We offer a variety of 100+ cool extras!Link here