Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion and Outdoor brands. The Group now has approximately 3,400 stores across 32 territories, with a strong presence in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. In JD Group, we believe in extending our entrepreneurial and competitive spirit beyond financial performance to making the world around us a better place. We always strive to do the right thing for our colleagues, our customers, and our communities. We currently have more than 60,000 colleagues within our business. Our aim is to attract, develop and engage committed and talented people so that they choose to grow with the Group throughout their careers.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Αssistant Store Manager for our JD Sports Store in Smart Park, Spata!
In this role, you will assist the Store Manager in the day to day running of the store. Taking ownership of a number of duties while making sure that the stores KPIs are achieved. Furthermore, in the Manager’s absence, you will be the first point of contact, therefore you will motivate the workforce to drive sales and offer exceptional customer service while exceeding targets and maintaining the standards of the business.
- Maintain an exceptional service experience in store, ensuring high level customers’ satisfaction
- Deal with inquiries and complaints and resolving clients issues / requests
- Foster a Client centric mindset by developing and maintaining solid Client relationships
- Implement, in partnership with other company functions, clienteling initiatives and events and securing Client loyalty
- Train, mentor, motivate, offer constructive feedback to the team and encourage progression within the company
- Assist in regular training meetings within the store and ensure all personnel completes the inhouse online Academy, making sure the team is able to maintain the high standards required
- Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) to ensure a great guest experience
- Promote an entrepreneurial and team spirit approach, using effective communication, ensuring efficient organization and professional growth
- Ensure a hazard-free, safe and healthy working environment in compliance with regulations
- Ensure the team is always informed about product, policies and procedures
- Attract and recruit the best talents available on the market through networking and scouting
- Manage day-to-day operational activities of the store and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitor and control store productivity levels with an aim to achieve and exceed targeted KPIs
- Analyse reports in order to make key sales decisions
- Implement personnel and resource planning strategies to optimize staff schedules
- Work extensively in partnership with the Marketing, VM, Commercial dept. in order to build strong customer retention
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Making sure that all new product and the advertised product is all visible and in the correct locations.
- Ensure mannequins, displays, and windows are updated in accordance with Visual Merchandising guidelines.
- University Degree or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of managing a standalone retail store (or Department Store floor)
- Excellent use of English language and computer skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Numerical and analytical knowledge to monitor KPIs
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills and business orientation
- Excellent communicator, with a positive, open and progressive, energetic, motivating, personal style
- Customer service orientation with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes
- Passion for sports and fashion
- Willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
- Competitive compensation package & performance bonus
- Career development opportunities & education programs
- Health & wellness programs to keep you active
- One day off, part of our "parents’ day off" program
- Generous employee discount in all our brands
- Extras, discounts and perks-We offer a variety of 100+ cool extras! Link here