Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has a significant role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we build shared value.
About the role
This is a 12-month temporary contract.
In this role, you'll handle and develop selected on premise outlets in a designated area to deliver the profit, volume, sales driver and brand building objectives expressed in the commercial plan, with the mentorship of your line manager, through compelling customer propositions that unlock growth opportunities to improve balanced profit delivery.
• Develop an area coverage/contact plan to guarantee delivery of objectives.
• Close monitoring and follow up on brilliant execution through regular and consistent coverage plan within outlets.
• Drive the activation of sales drivers, such as transparency (visibility points, table visibility, POS material), promotion (execution and evaluation of events), persuasion (introduction of Diageo new products or brands to customers, building of interpersonal relations, product training), quality (products detailed appearance, evaluation of unbranded demand, magnificent serve training on premise staff), distribution and price to improve the return on investment.
• Build relationships (commercial agreements according to policy, implementation of agreements, exploration of opportunities).
• Incremental volume and profit for the customer driven by new opportunities identified.
• Choiceful activation of the right sales drivers based on informed decisions.
• Activities are efficiently performed as planned with appropriate customisation to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Monitors in market execution and advises collaborators of issues and successes.
• Structured Selling - Demonstrates consistently high standards of execution. Always operates the structured call/appointment. Can articulate key features and benefits of brands and their role in the category, in a relevant way to customers.
• Commercial Savvy - Has an understanding of spend, volume, margin and profit performance within own area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for change to drive improvement. Has a basic understanding of the customer P&L and customer and category profitability.
• University degree in Business. Postgraduate degree will be considered a plus.
•About 2 years in a Sales department of FMCG - On Trade experience is a big asset.
• Excellent relationship-building skills, confident and validated communication, team-playing, innovative thinking, results-orientation, high energy, outstanding negotiations skills, good prioritization, focus on total company delivery.
• P&L literacy - strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Comfortable using MS Office (especially excel).
• Proficiency in both Greek and English.
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.