Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions. We measure and analyze energy utilization to generate empowering analytics for smart grid and infrastructure management, enabling utilities and consumers to reduce energy consumption. Our innovative and proven portfolio of software, services and intelligent sensor technology is a key driver to decarbonize the grid. Having avoided more than 9 million tons of CO2 in FY 2021 and committed to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030, Landis+Gyr manages energy better – since 1896.
With sales of USD 1.5 billion in FY 2021, Landis+Gyr employs around 6,500 talented people across five continents. For our offices located in Corinth, Greece, Landis+Gyr is currently seeking to fill the position of:
Junior Reliability Engineer
The Junior Reliability Engineer is supporting the product reliability scheme by implementing global reliability testing regimes, investigating failure root cause(s) and liaising with other product key stakeholders (GRD, PM) on continual product improvement to ensure that product of adequate reliability level is supplied to our customers.
Through application of global ORT guideline and management of issue RCA the Junior Reliability Engineer supports the SC in delivering products that meet the required level by our customers of product life expectancy.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely execution of yearly reliability testing schedule. Successful resolution of reliability testing related issues in terms of Quality and time (CI CAPAs).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Carry out all reliability tests scheduled for the FY in a timely manner.
- Organize and coordinate planning of availability of ORT/LRI samples.
- Organize and coordinate initial, intermediate and final testing of samples that have undergone ORT/LRI.
- Initiate investigation of root cause analysis in cases of identified failures during ORT/LRI.
- Carry out 1st level investigation of failure mechanism of issues deriving form ORT/LRI.
- Open and coordinate a CI CAPA to drive and document preventive actions, RCA, corrective and preventive actions as well as product improvements deriving from ORT/LRI failures.
- Support CI CAPA team members with all quality tools needed (8D, Ishikawa diagram, DFMEA etc.).
- Conduct frequent reviews on resolution progress to assure that all CI CAPA tasks are closed out on time.
- Escalate any issues that could potentially introduce delays in resolution or result in non-predictable costs that could have subsequent impact in the reliability of meters already delivered to customers.
- Monitor the proper operation of all reliability testing equipment.
- Coordinate equipment breakdown and preventive maintenance with external service providers.
- Support improvement of testing methods as well as testing equipment within a cross-functional team.
- Technical University Degree in Electronics
- Fluency in English language
- Very good knowledge of computer use
- Previous working experience in electronic circuit fault analysis will be considered as a plus
- Knowledge in basic reliability prediction models
- Knowledge in electrical/electronic circuits operation and fault/performance analysis
- Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies & tools
- Facilitation, & coaching skills as a Quality partner
- Knowledge of 8D, FMEA, Root cause analysis, 5-Why and other quality tools for problem solving
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization
- Ability to adapt working style within multicultural groups
- Quality mindset
- Agile and self-motivated
- Team player
- Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned tasks forward
- Ability to accept change and respond to setbacks with minimal disruptions
- Process oriented approach in daily work
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you. You can apply to this position via Landis+Gyr Career site.