ICAP Executive Search & Selection is one of the premium consultancies and part of ICAP People & Employment Solutions, the largest HR Services Provider in Greece and Cyprus. With more than 50 years of experience, we specialize in assessing and recruiting Senior to Middle Level Executives across all sectors.
ICAP Executive Search, on behalf of its client, a leading company in Greece and worldwide in the energy factor, with significant export activity, based in Volos, is looking for an experienced:
Commercial Director (Ref. code 6203/CD/ESS/GR)
The goal of the Commercial Director is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth. The professional will add value to the growing activities of the company, by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts and keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
An excellent Commercial Director has an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
- Lead/support specific initiatives related to existing assets to secure attractive future revenue streams
- Support commercial negotiations for agreements for new development projects
- Maintain strong networks with energy industry representatives and key stakeholders
- Articulate clearly and document the business case for long-term transactions, providing a solid understanding of overall risks, benefits and returns to gain support for the execution of these initiatives and to ensure successful implementation
- Oversee the implementation of contracts to ensure contractual commitments can be met and actively manage existing contracts to optimize value and resolve any areas of conflict or non-compliance
- Develop relationships with customers and potential customers to sustain a high level of engagement
- Monitor market trends and evolutions to enrich trading activities
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Harmonize the team workload, balancing priorities and contribute to the coaching and mentoring of newly hired commercial talents
- BSc/BA is prerequisite while Postgraduate qualifications such as MBA is strongly desired
- At least eight (8) years of related experience; Knowledge of the energy sector is highly appreciated
- Proficiency with MS Office and ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Excellent use of English language (oral & written)
- Extensive experience in energy transactions with strong commercial background
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly assess the potential value, risks and returns of a business opportunity and prioritize activities accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to form and drive new market strategies
- Strong team approach and ability to work with different teams in the organization
- Highly evolved influencing and negotiation abilities with a demonstrated capability to engage at all levels within an organization, understand complex analytical concepts and to develop strategies to balance risk/return
- Strong interpersonal skills with exceptional verbal and written communication
The company offers:
- Competitive remuneration package (bonus, company car, medical plan, mobile, laptop etc.)
- Prospects of evolution within a fast-growing leading company
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.