We are a leader in mobile technology, providing innovative solutions to 1.2 billion consumers. In an ever-increasing digital world we help businesses grow their digital reach & toolkits to optimize user experience, increase engagement, attract new customers and boost their revenues.
Think of performance marketing but on steroids as our top-notch marketeers and engineers build digital journeys through an omnichannel marketing approach like no other. Currently we work with the biggest names in Telco, Insurance, Education, FMCGs and Retail in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and South-East Asia.
As an ITOps Engineer you will join a team of talented professionals with international experience, delivering a world-class technical infrastructure to support Upstream’s growing business. More specifically, you will take on key end-to-end responsibility for the technical delivery of assigned projects. You will become an expert in Upstream’s applications and how they are used in order to deliver services and generate revenues. Additionally, you will maintain overall responsibility for all operational aspects of a project from pre-launch through launch and ongoing support until the end of the project’s revenue lifecycle. You will drive the turnover process from development teams within Upstream and other parties, ensuring that proper infrastructure is put in place and proper procedures, documentation, and training are prepared.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Technical delivery of assigned projects
- Setup, configuration and support of various applications components and integrations required for each project
- Be responsible for all operational aspects of a project
- Drive the turnover process from development teams and other parties
- Ensure proper procedures, documentation and training are prepared
- Identify, document and set operational requirements for tools and other projects
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3 years of professional experience in Information Technology
- Hands-on experience with Unix systems
- Experience with shell, Python, or other scripting on Unix systems
- Knowledge of best practices for management of systems, custom applications, and configuration
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English with strong organizational abilities
- Strong experience in network troubleshooting using tools like: wireshark, trace route, netcat etc.
- Strong experience with at least one of the following protocols: SMPP, HTTP, SOAP, DIAMETER
Will be considered as a plus:
- Diverse background, including both software development and hands-on system, application, and/or database administration
- Experience in Telecom or Application Service Provider environment
- Understanding of commonly used telecommunications protocols
- Experience with SQL queries, data-mining, reporting and data-handling techniques
- Hands-on experience with SMS Gateways/ Billing gateways/ SMSCs or other mobile operator infrastructure components
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest newsUpstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.