Pfizer's belief is that all people deserve to live healthy lives. This drives our desire to provide access to medicines that are safe, effective, and affordable. We advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives and increasingly there is a digital component to the interactions we have with patients and their health care professionals.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability.
- Mentor and coach everybody on the importance of Quality Assurance at all levels.
- Onboarding new QA members so that they are aware processes and best practices.
- Manage reporting throughout all phases of product development, QA leads report progress, plans, and problems to management and implement the suggested changes in as efficient a way as possible.
- Test reports
- Defect Management process
- RCA, Defect slippage etc
- QA lead will work with teams to create a strategy (including Test automation) of what teams must be testing at their individual level and what at a for example, Product E2E level. This should include what testing infrastructure should be use in each case.
- Contribute centrally to C4 strategy and right size testing effort to align to industry best practices. (e.g. testing pyramid - shift effort from UI testing to API testing. Leverage Visual Testing (for regression activities, etc). Avoid overengineering and focus on maintainability.
- Having access to all the Retrospective Reports or actions from those retros where team suggest improvements or participate helping them with those improvements.
- Creating a User Story checklist for Definition of Ready to identify dependencies and mitigate the risk of implementing something that is not clear to the team.
- Coach teams to define, understand and adhere to User Story Definition of Done, Sprint Definition of Done, Release Definition of Done. Help drive process adoption across the team.
- Release Management. The QA Lead has to work with their product QAs to define what Quality requirements need to be met before a Release can be made (to Production or even between stages)
- The QA Lead will need to ensure Upper Management are aware of this information and it is recommended to compile an executive report with the main highlights and ensure this reaches to Upper Management. The QA Lead should be available for any requested meeting to give more details on progress, status, KPIs, etc.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in DevOps and Test Engineering /Software QA with a digital technology company.
- Senior level of Quality Engineer knowledge: functional, regression, risk-based, integration, system, UI, reliability, scalability, load, performance, cross browser/platform testing - strategy and execution with a focus on test automation. The candidate is expected to have a hands-on approach to product testing, with good automation experience (Java, Perl, Python, etc) and in-depth knowledge of test automation tools.
- A proven track record delivering high quality products following Agile (SCRUM, SAFE preferable) development and testing methodologies, with a variety of deployment environments and tools.
- Proven experience defining a test strategy at the ART Level and managing (and coaching) QAs across product scrum teams to deliver against that strategy.
- A data driven approach to analysing progress and trends to reduce risk and improve quality.
- The ability to use real data and metrics to inform the development planning process, make and gain support for critical release decisions and to implement changes that support a quality first process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent familiarity with automated API testing, data integrity tests, performance tests.
- Excellent ability with API testing and automation tools including Postman.
- Strong knowledge of test automation (Preferably Python, Pytest) and test management suites including TestRail.