Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills industry with presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is the chance to apply now! 📥
PeopleCert is looking for a Senior IT Network Engineer that will be responsible for the support of all IT activities. You will contribute your domain specific knowledge, skills and best practices working closely with a team of talented professionals who have created an ISO 27001 certified operational environment operating on 24/7 basis, based on a hybrid infrastructure with heavy virtualization on Cloud and Office 365 services.
As a Senior IT Network Engineer, your tasks will include the following:
- Establish the networking environment by installing, configuring, testing, and documenting the equipment/network systems according to design and specifications.
- Lead the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability, and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Provide technical support, respond to work orders and tickets from the users, analyze and solve reported network problems.
- Collaborate closely with IT network manager, IT network team members as well as IT support and systems teams, with the ability to work on multiple office locations
- Ensure your work and presence is aligned with company’s values “Quality - Passion - Integrity – Innovation,” at all times.
What we look for:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of hands-on networking experience.
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level certification desired, LanguageCert C2 LTE or C2 IESOL certificate would be a plus) and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, team spirit, excellent problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- General knowledge of VoIP technologies including QoS
- Strong experience of Network Technologies including routing Protocols Static routing, VRRP/HSRP, VLANs, SPAN, Ethernet technologies, ACL, VPNs, SNMP.
- CCNA, ACMA, SolarWinds or ITIL certifications will be considered a plus.
- Network monitoring and Capacity Management experience e.g. PRTG, SolarWinds, Syslog
- Excellent understanding of Network & Firewalls platforms (Cisco, Palo Alto, ClearPass)
- Strong experience of Wireless Technologies Ubiquiti Networks
- Hands-on experience in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software. Experience working with Network Topology mapper or similar tools will be considered a plus.
- Hands-on experience in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
- Hands-on experience in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software, and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing function of other systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert's Portfolio per year for all employees
- Complimentary coffee and tea in all our premises
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and global environment
- Constant personal and professional development
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, Integrity are the core values which guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
- If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check.
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK.
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.