Pfizer's belief is that all people deserve to live healthy lives. This drives our desire to provide access to medicines that are safe, effective, and affordable. We advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives and increasingly there is a digital component to the interactions we have with patients and their health care professionals.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability.
How You Will Achieve It
- Work with project teams as an individual contributor to design, prototype, implement and unit test software solutions in support of the Research & Development organization.
- Work as a technical lead/lead developer on small-to-medium size software development projects, which may include accountability for the work of a small number of other staff and/or contract Software Engineers, as well as responsibility for dictating and managing coding standards -- coding process, source code control, versioning, etc.
- Translate logical designs of user/system interfaces into physical designs, considering the target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Help produce detailed design specifications where applicable, and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools, where appropriate.
- Conduct reviews of supplied specifications as appropriate.
- Define the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software.
- Work in a matrix, team environment with Pfizer colleagues as well as vendor partners.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree required, major in a technical field such as Software Engineering,Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology or Life Sciences, or other engineering discipline.
- 3+ Years of experience in software engineering
- Facilitation, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Experience working in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in analysis and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience using standard requirements business analysis techniques, including brainstorming, interviewing, requirements sessions, activity diagrams and use cases.
- Demonstrated experience and/or demonstrated competencies either informally or formally contributing on various-size teams of technologists, IT professionals or project managers using Agile, DevOps, and other approaches for iterative development.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings, frequently in virtual teams with client partner and customer engagement responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to developing multi-tiered solutions in an OOP programming language including Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand data and integration architectures to manage, transform, and exploit data across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated capability to understand security requirements, and using the frameworks and tools the organization has put in place to meet those requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Chemistry and/or biology knowledge