Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
The Clinical Study Team Associate (CSTA I) is an essential part of the Study Team and is responsible for supporting key clinical trial tasks for assigned studies to ensure compliance with timelines, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and Pfizer SOPs. The role collaborates with global study team members and is responsible for multiple tasks that span from study start-up to study close-out which enables the efficient execution of clinical trials to high quality standards.
The CSTA I:
- Partners with the Clinical Study Team Lead (CSTL) in providing study level operational leadership and support to clinical study teams.
- Partners with the Global Study Manager and the Study Manager in providing site management, monitoring and vendor operational oversight and support.
- Works proactively with minimal oversight to coordinate and prioritize multiple key study tasks in support of clinical trial systems and processes.
- Collaborates with global cross functional study team members of varying levels of seniority.
- Uses established procedures and methodologies to ensure the completion of assigned tasks according to timelines and to required quality standards.
- Requires fundamental knowledge of the principles of the role and applies these skills to achieve assigned tasks
The CSTA I is responsible for providing study level operational support to the Study Team from study start up to close out and submission including:
- Management and oversight of Study Team shared spaces
- Trial Master File (TMF) maintenance, compliance, and oversightAnalyze, interpret, and follow up on metrics
- Management and oversight of Study Team on Demand (STOD)Analyze, interpret, and follow up on metrics
- Maintain Pfizer registries and systems as required to ensure compliance
- Tracking and oversight of study information; follow up with functional lines as needed
- Liaising with cross functional study team members:Initiate and coordinate the completion of study level forms and data entry into various clinical operations applications and systems
Provide study level reporting to support management of clinical trial data, clinical trial budget and timelines
- Quality control of essential clinical trial documentation including components of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and regulatory submission
- Support engagement of Independent Oversight Committees
- Provide support with audit and inspection readiness activities
- Assist with oversight and tracking of Clinical Trial Budget spend
- Provide logistical and operational support for Investigator Meetings
- Coordinate the translation of documents as required
- Provide status updates on key tasks and contribute to the Study Team Meetings as an active Study Team member
- Provide support to study teams with system setup and maintenance
- May provide support for global study team communications to sites
- 0-3 years experience with BA/BS or 0-1 years experience with MA/MBA/MS
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, TEAMS)
- Relevant clinical research or clinical trial experience or relevant coursework in drug development or clinical research
- Science background
- Experienced with clinical trial processes and applicable systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a larger team with limited support from supervisor
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities
- Self-motivated and ability to organize tasks to ensure timelines are met and deliverables are of high quality
- Knowledge of drug development process
- Attention to detail evident in a disciplined approach to document review, adherence to SOPs, metrics, etc.
- Good problem solving & decision-making skills: Seek input from others when faced with a difficult situation; Make sound decisions within the scope of responsibility; Focus on resolving problems
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.