We are Netcompany-Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.netcompany-intrasoft.com.
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) for our offices in Athens
A day in the life of a Database Administrator
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the operation of the company's and subsidiaries' Database systems. You will apply root cause operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep services up and running meetings SLAs (OLAs). Moreover, you will provide automation solutions of manual tasks performed by infrastructure support, develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist in problem resolution by hands-on participation and operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments, and interact with technology experts (Vendor).
Your team main duties will be:
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Databases (Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL Server and optional DB2, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Helping with database design and development
- Managing database access
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implementing security measures
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably
- Providing user training, support and feedback
- Archiving data
- Understands networking standards and best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Ensure all service level agreements and objectives are met.
- Require working on shifts including weekends.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed
By joining Netcompany - Intrasoft, a leading IT company, you will be part of a hub of 1.700+ tech enthusiasts in Greece. You will work using cutting-edge technologies that contribute to the design and delivery of solutions and products for challenging, large-scale IT projects, that affect the lives of millions of citizens around the globe.
If you have
Strong IT infrastructure background, with 2-3 years working experience on the following areas:
- Oracle RDBMS
- MS SQL Server
…then this position is suitable for you!
It would also be a plus if you had one or more of the below
- Unix O/S (AIX - Linux RHEL/Centos/OEL
- Windows Server O/S
This position comes with
- Competitive compensation packages
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging tasks within large-scale projects
- An international dynamic within a fast-paced working environment
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
The safety and well-being of our employees remain our top priority. Please note that Netcompany-Intrasoft’s recruitment process is being conducted virtually due to preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values:
Be the link of a great team that forms a unique network across departments, countries and business units and operates with trust, open communication, transparency and respect.
We make it happen with our expertise, accountability and solution-driven attitude. We always strive for improvement, always with an eye on the big picture.
We learn & evolve by embracing a culture of building on our experiences, sharing our knowledge and developing our skills. We are always open to new ideas and invite all our colleagues to contribute with theirs.
We fuel creativity in every aspect of our everyday life at Netcompany - Intrasoft; in the solutions and products we design and the initiatives we undertake.
We share customer success by understanding their unique needs, corresponding to their vision, and exceeding their expectations.
*Please submit your CV in English
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.