WHO ARE WE?
Here you will find groundbreaking projects that contribute to social and ecological well-being. An environment with people like you, who contribute fresh ideas, different points of view, who accept challenges and are continuously learning, to grow and impact society... All this, without forgetting to have fun along the way!
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies, with some 242 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed-network lines, and 22 million broadband lines.
We are a trusted companion in an increasingly complex digital world – at home and at work, anyplace, anytime.
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, Automation and cutting edge Telco services.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is email@example.com.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
We want you to smash your time with us, that’s why we want someone like this:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant area (not mandatory, Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems, or any related study area)
- Fluency in English
- You have more than 1 or 2 years of experience in the field.
You can tick off several the following boxes with the knowledge you possess:
- Linux system administration (Ubuntu) or backend code developing
- Backend code developing on Agile/SCRUM teams, specially with Go language
- Agile, SCRUM, CICD, SRE and DEVOPS environments
- IT operations methodologies and processes like incident management, problem management, configuration management and crisis management
- Kubernetes cluster administration
Understanding of the following technologies is important:
- Bare metal provisioning concepts like PXE.
- Data center network technologies, including familiarity with VXLAN
Development skills with:
- Go language
- Shell scripts
Bonus to have:
- Practical experience with Hyperscaler’s Container services implementations (AKS, GKS…)
- Operational experience with
- OpenStack, and OpenStack services like Octavia or Cinder
- Kubernetes providers for OpenStack services integration (e.g., Cinder CSI plugging)
- MetalLB load balancing system
- Metal3 bare metal provisioning system
- BGP, EVPN, IP multicasting and ECMP
Development skills with:
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
Or how to become the Chewbacca to your team’s Han Solo:
- You are a self-starter who takes pride in job ownership and creates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- You have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it
- You have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast
- You are experienced in contributing to a self-organizing and collaborative team environment
- You have mentored, coached, and grown team members to bring out the best in them
- You have a passion for automation and working efficiently
Ability to work in DevOps mode and agile/scrum (sprints)
DEV: Develop and maintain a codebase of the CaaS and PaaS platforms on top of the Kubernetes ecosystem of tools and projects
OPS: Maintain and operate existing infrastructure and address improvements to DEV
Design of the CaaS/PaaS Platform releases
- IT operations and/or backend software development experience
- Online collaboration - full remote, and be part multinational team which is located in: Greece, Croatia, Slovakia & Spain
- Accountable for the set-up, management and supporting tools (that means e.g., monitoring, enable 1st line operations and execute 2nd level incident management, as well as problem-, change-management, terminate and retire old tools, …)
- Perform integration and validation tasks
- Monitoring/tracking performance of systems
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the technical documentation
- Participate in an on-call rotation (for stand-by operations)
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS?
Good Question! Finally, the part you are really interested in:
- Value-oriented innovation culture combined with unique resources and capabilities
- Diverse team with continuous top rates on employee satisfaction
- International collaboration with top domain experts and inspiring leaders
- Influence on the digitalization journey of millions of customers in ground-breaking exponential age
- Collaborate on research and suggest/ develop solution prototypes to demonstrate suitability and interoperability of chosen components, write high-quality and efficient code
- Contribute to a collaborative culture of ongoing guidance and coaching for the team members
- Be part of an independent self-managed team working with Agile, SCRUM, DevOps, CICD & SRE
- Contribute to opensource projects