On behalf of our client, ELPEDISON, we are looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Section Manager.
ELPEDISON, the 1st independent Energy Producer in Greece and one of the biggest, most reliable, and friendly Alternative Electricity and Natural Gas Suppliers, has emerged from the collaboration between two Energy Groups: - Hellenic Petroleum, one of the largest commercial and industrial energy Groups in Greece and South-Eastern Europe, and - Edison, the longest-running energy company in Europe and the largest private energy company in Italy. Thanks to the knowledge and the experience that we have inherited from our parent companies, we aspire to always be a leading company in our sector, playing a significant role in power generation while offering high-quality and innovative energy products and services with stability and consistency.
ELPEDISON, with its two privately-owned power plants in Thisvi (Voiotia )and Thessaloniki, with a total installed capacity of 820 MW, uses natural gas as fuel and ensures a clean and continuous electricity flow, based on a highly environmentally-friendly power generation process.
Responsible for quality enhancement of IT services’ provision, with regards to incident and problem management as part of the ITSM framework. Responsible for service delivery to end users, lowering relevant time-to-serve and costs, and improving internal customers’ satisfaction. Oversees the day-to-day operations of an IT service desk, ensuring the delivery of high-quality IT support services to clients. This includes managing a team of IT support technicians, implementing and maintaining service level agreements, monitoring and improving support processes, and ensuring that all IT support services align with the overall goals and objectives of the organization. Is responsible for ensuring that the service desk operates efficiently and effectively, and that the needs and satisfaction of clients are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages daily operations of the IT service desk, like timely & organized collection, monitoring, evaluation, assignment, prioritization, resolution and/or escalation of service/change-requests, incidents & problems, using IT Service Management Software in place and in line with ITIL-based practices & existing Business activities/Work instructions.
- Supervises & coordinates multiple levels of IT support regarding IT services under the IT Service/Request catalogues, ensuring preservation of agreed Service-levels. Manages the introduction, change, decommission and fine-tuning of supported Services, ensuring that IT Service/Request catalogues and IT Service Management Software are kept up to date and aligned. Is responsible for the maintenance of knowledge database in regards to IT Services, to enable self service activities.
- Establishes the delivery of a digital workplace experience to end users so that the organization can leverage its digital dexterity in the development of new digital business services. Provides digital workplace services (e.g. intelligent automation services, peer-to-peer support, self-service, etc.) for automated and integrated support to end users to increase their engagement, productivity and digital dexterity to support the organization’s digital business strategy.
- Manages IT Asset tracking, capacity and configuration activities, in order to optimize asset utilization. Ensures maintenance of updated IT Asset registry & Configuration Management Database (CMDB) of supported services.
- Manages allocation of IT resources (personnel & IT equipment) and SLAs with vendors, along with budget of Services under responsibility, cost control and forecasting, in order to meet service desk needs.
- Reviews & updates Business Activities, Work Instructions & processes in place. Reviews & reports agreed KPIs and measurements that enable the organisation to manage the asset portfolio for risk, cost, control, compliance and business performance objectives.
- Oversees access control activities with regards to active directory accounts & groups, local user-accounts, network, applications under support etc.
- Conducts service and operation performance reviews and proceeds with changes & corrective-actions when required, to ensure preservation of service-levels in terms of quality, performance, effectiveness & satisfaction of Internal customers.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field or equivalent experience required
- At least 2 years of working experience as IT Service Desk Manager
- At least 3 years of working experience as L2 IT support specialist
- Experience with service desk software, ticketing systems, and knowledge management databases (like Atlassian’s Jira: Service Management, Work Management, Software, Confluence etc)
- Experience in managing budgets and vendor relationships to ensure the delivery of high-quality IT services
- Advanced computer skills: Level 5-Proficient Computing, Applications, and Programming
- Excellent command of the English language; both written and oral
- Strong technical knowledge of various operating systems, hardware, and software
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and IT service management best practices
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Desirable Courses / Certifications
- ITIL 4 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Foundation
- HDI Customer Service Manager (HDI-CSM)
- ISO 20000 Foundation
- COBIT 5 Foundation
- Lean IT Foundation
- Technical knowledge. In-depth understanding of IT systems, networks, and software applications, and the ability to manage incidents, problems, and requests.
- Problem-solving. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Leadership. Ability to lead and motivate a team of IT support professionals, setting clear goals and expectations, and fostering a positive and productive team culture.
- Customer service & Communication. Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to provide timely and effective resolution to customer issues and requests. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and customers.
- Data privacy and security. Knowledge of data privacy and security best practices, and the ability to ensure the protection of sensitive information.
- Integrity, conscientiousness, responsibility, self-motivation.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based variable pay
- Ticket restaurant card
- Private Health Insurance coverage
- Pension Scheme
- Home electricity discount
- Continuous learning & upskilling opportunities and access to our online training platform