When visionary companies need to know how their world-changing ideas will perform, they close the gap between design and reality with Ansys simulation. For more than 50 years, Ansys software has enabled innovators across industries to push boundaries by using the predictive power of simulation. From sustainable transportation to advanced semiconductors, from satellite systems to life-saving medical devices, the next great leaps in human advancement will be powered by Ansys.
Take a leap of certainty … with Ansys.
Summary / Role Purpose
We’re the Ansys world-wide foundry team, acting as a hub for foundry related technology initiatives and mutual customer support. The member of the team will gain great understanding on a lot of the leading-edge technologies, as well as become an expert in a lot of our ESOBU product offerings.
We’re a dynamic team, with very supportive team members, all veterans in the industry for many years. Our business and coverage are expanding rapidly so we’re recruiting at different locations. So even though we expect candidate to have related industry experience, we can work together and help any new hires to get into the specific works smoothly. This position may also have some opportunities to collaborate with local AE teams, Sales and Field Marketing, as well as opportunities to be involved in cross country projects.
The R&D Engineer II - Product Specialist for foundry support contributes to the support of Ansys products enablement and enhancement with worldwide foundries. In this role, the R&D engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand foundry technology requirements and accomplish solution enhancement objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and support promptly to help our partner achieve their success.
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into new product features, test new releases of Ansys products, develop workflow best practices using Ansys solutions.
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training.
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understand foundry technology requirement, defining spec and work with RD to enable the solution.
- Support foundry technology collaboration with Ansys solution, including certification, reference flow, and mutual customer support
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or related field with 3 years’ experience
- Working experience with EDA solution, EDA companies, semiconductor design companies, semiconductor foundries.
- English at business level
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with using Ansys Totem, IC layout editor, spice simulation tool
- Knowledge of Ansys or other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software
- Familiarity with circuit level and timing analysis of signal integrity applications
- Understanding of Electronic Migration, Electro Static Discharge and other IC signoff criteria
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Experience with languages such as C++, TCL, Python or Perl
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
- Amaze with innovative products and solutions
- Make our customers incredibly successful
- Act with integrity
- Ensure employees thrive and shareholders prosper
- Adaptability: Be open, welcome what’s next
- Courage: Be courageous, move forward passionately
- Generosity: Be generous, share, listen, serve
- Authenticity: Be you, make us stronger
- We commit to audacious goals
- We work seamlessly as a team
- We demonstrate mastery
- We deliver outstanding results
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.