When visionary companies need to know how their world-changing ideas will perform, they close the gap between design and reality with Ansys simulation. For more than 50 years, Ansys software has enabled innovators across industries to push boundaries by using the predictive power of simulation. From sustainable transportation to advanced semiconductors, from satellite systems to life-saving medical devices, the next great leaps in human advancement will be powered by Ansys.
Take a leap of certainty … with Ansys.
Summary / Role Purpose
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to design, develop, and deploy software applications for on-prem and cloud platforms using containerization technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research around on-prem and cloud deployments.
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to design and create efficient, scalable, and maintainable containerized software solutions for on-prem and cloud deployments.
- Implement cloud deployment strategies using Kubernetes based environments, ensuring high availability, scalability, and security of applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud-based containerized applications, addressing performance issues and ensuring system stability.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to implement CI/CD pipelines and streamline software release cycles in on-prem and cloud environments with Kubernetes.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities.
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Quantitative Sciences with at least 5 years of commercial experience in software development using object-oriented languages like Python or command languages like Bash.
- Commercial experience with Docker images creation and optimization.
- Experience deploying and managing containerized applications in on-prem and/or cloud environments using Kubernetes.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience delivering pipelines in environments such as GitHub Enterprise Cloud, Azure DevOps Server and Services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in cloud and on-prem environments.
- Familiarity with reverse proxies, load balancers and API gateway tools, as well as with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Certifications in relevant cloud technologies such as AWS Certified Developer, Azure Developer Associate, or Google Cloud Certified.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
- Amaze with innovative products and solutions
- Make our customers incredibly successful
- Act with integrity
- Ensure employees thrive and shareholders prosper
- Adaptability: Be open, welcome what’s next
- Courage: Be courageous, move forward passionately
- Generosity: Be generous, share, listen, serve
- Authenticity: Be you, make us stronger
- We commit to audacious goals
- We work seamlessly as a team
- We demonstrate mastery
- We deliver outstanding results
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.