M&S is changing, and it's changing fast. We are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, that will offer our customers a new and innovative shopping experience, whilst maintaining the traditional M&S values our customers love.
Our role is to make sure we attract the very best talent to our business and provide a really great place to work so our colleagues can reach their full potential. After all, it's our people who make us who we are. M&S is going through rapid change, and here in HR we’re planning for the future in a big way! With the People Agenda at the heart of it all, now is our time to really make an impact. Think you can rise to the challenge?
As Learning & Development Specialist, you will play a significant role in this tranformation journey by ensuring that the relevant L&D strategies for stores and SO are implemented in line with business requirements, available budget, and M&S standards to support the commercial
performance of M&S.
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Design, communicate and implement the company’s core (management & functional) training plan.
• Implement a proactive Learning and Development strategy with new, creative tactics, and
delivery methods that will give M&S a competitive edge.
• Identify performance gaps and learning & development requirements from various functions and retail stores, and ensure that all learning solutions reflect an appropriate balance of business area needs and the M&S people development strategy.
• Organize training activities, either in-house or through external sources and monitor their effectiveness for the business and the value for the employees.
• Act as consultant & trusted advisor to the business, and identify, plan and where
appropriate deliver targeted learning and development solutions in line with the business
priorities & requirements.
• Manage, design and delivery of high quality training products in line with requirements.
• Represent the L&D function locally, liaise with the UK Intl’ L&D team and act as key partner
for the central L&D team in the UK and Greece.
• Contribute to and implement the Development of all SO & Stores employees by creating
solutions to enhance and raise the individual and organisational capabilities of M&S
• Produce Monthly and periodic L&D reporting.
• Manage the local Learning Management System
If you share our brand behaviors All in for the Customer, Talk Straight, Make Every Penny Count, Own it and Get it Done, Do the right thing you could be the perfect addition to our team.
We are looking for people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the business and their colleagues.
Education and Work Experience
•At least 4-5 years of work experience, 2-3 of which in L&D or Training
•Graduate (Bachelor / MSc) in Business or related filed
•Excellent command of the English language
•Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
•Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
•Experience in project management and budgeting
•MS Office – good proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Very good communication
• Strategic thinking and business understanding
• Customer orientation
• High impact facilitation skills – training interventions and TTT (Train the Trainer) for store coaches
• Project management –designing solutions, implementing and measuring ROI
• Planning, prioritizing and organization skills