Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Department: Finance Reporting
Location: B57, Spata
Type of Employment: Full-time
AEGEAN Airlines, based in Athens, Greece, is a member of the Star Alliance Group since 2010 and a proud winner of 12 SKYTRAX World Airline awards for ‘Best Regional Airline in Europe’. Our employees have been instrumental in our success, through seeking to channel their energy and motivation into the challenging industry of aviation, providing services of high standards across all travel stages and contributing to the continuous improvement of our products. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented and dedicated individuals, who can drive our organization forward.
If you wish to explore the exciting world of aviation, join our team!
About the role
There is currently a job opening “Senior Financial Reporting Accountant”, in the Finance Division. As a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, you will be responsible to provide accounting and analytical support for various financial reporting functions. If you are passionate about your job and want to create impact in a dynamic, changing and growing environment, the job is for you.
- Support preparation of the company’s financial statements and participate in monthly and year-end closing activities at Group Level
- Develop account reconciliations, data compilation and analyses ensuring accuracy and timely delivery
- Coordinate with various departments resolving technical accounting problems and framing accounting policies
- Prepare schedule for all filing deadlines, and ensure compliance to reporting standards
- Assist the financial audit completion and communicate with external auditors
- Assure that the accounting standards are properly applied in company’s financial reports and support ad-hoc analysis for continuous process improvement
You fit, if you cover the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- MSc in Finance or an MBA will be considered an asset
- At least 3 years professional experience in similar positions, preferably in audit firms
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge will be considered an asset
And you have competence in:
- Communicating effectively in a structured manner, with all stakeholders
- Solving problems in a creative way and a solution – oriented approach, with high attention to detail
- Striving for the best results for the company’s business needs
- Working under pressure, managing changing priorities and meeting deadlines
If you pursue your career journey with Aegean, on top of a challenging job, we offer:
- A working environment where you feel valued and appreciated
- Excellent career and development opportunities within the organization
- Flight tickets
- Private health insurance scheme
- Other benefits will be offered according to the role
If this looks like an interesting opportunity for you, send us your application now!
Your application shall contain CV in English language and is to be submitted until the 7th June of 2023. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Keep on following us to find a job opening that matches your profile.