What does the role of a Banking Analyst look like?
As a Banking Analyst, you will be assigned to various project teams over the two years, with involvement in all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring. Under the guidance of an experienced manager, you will be integral to the success of each project by contributing to the following:
Structuring and Execution
- Comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analysis and evaluation of potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, building and updating financial models and financial projections;
- Preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation to support related investment projects or related policy dialogue;
- Communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations and emails.
Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- Monitoring disbursement progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- Preparing timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports, including highlighting recommendations for corrective actions to senior team members;
- Assist with communication with clients, monitoring of Technical Cooperation (TC) fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements.
What are we looking for? “We embrace difference, to make a difference”
In addition to initiative and a sense of adventure, we are also looking for diverse candidates who have the following:
- A recent degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics or Business Administration;
- Quantitative/numerical/financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret financial information;
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Another language is desirable;
- A keen interest in international development, private sector development, and field-based practical work;
- An eagerness to work in any of our countries of operations during the IP Programme and in your future career at the Bank;
- Results-driven with an open and flexible attitude towards change;
- Six to twelve months’ experience of working, travelling, or volunteering;
- You must be a national of one of our shareholder countries.
What are we offering? “Not your average 9-5”
Our 24-month International Professionals Programme (IPP) is an immersive, focused and supportive programme for successful graduates to unleash their potential and kick-start a career at the EBRD.
The IPP is made up of assignments designed to provide meaningful, hands on experience, and the opportunity to develop your skills alongside top subject matter experts in a range of fields. There will be rotations through departments relevant to banking, including an assignment to one of our Resident Offices, deepening your understanding of and engagement with the very core of the EBRD’s mission and impact in our countries of operations.
During the programme you will undertake a tailored learning and development plan which encompasses in-depth technical training as well as personal and business skills development. You will be supported by your line manager, a mentor and a dedicated Programme Manager.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.