Working Location: Athens (hybrid)
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
We are currently seeking for Accounting Professionals to support our tax team and help our clients in tax and accounting compliance projects at different industry sectors. Actively establish internal and external relationships. Anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues. You will also keep informed of professional standards and firm policies and procedures and effectively apply this knowledge to different client situations.
In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll work hand in hand with our tax and accounting professionals to help manage our clients’ tax compliance (e.g., CIT, VAT, other tax returns, etc.) and reporting needs
- Prepare financial statements according to the new Greek standards and international accounting standards
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships both internally and externally with clients to help ensure that the services delivered to clients by our offices are of the highest standards and are done on time
Skills and attributes for success
- Teamwork: Encouraging an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships and positive attitudes that lead to open communications and sharing of information.
- Communication: Integrating with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen
- Attention to Detail: Illustrating critical thinking, professionalism, high level of self-motivation and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Tech-Oriented: Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
What we look for
- Excellent academic background, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration and/or master’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of relative working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Experience and knowledge of accounting and tax compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems knowledge such as SAP, Navision, Atlantis, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a Big four professional services firm
- Knowledge of a second foreign language
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world