INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services. Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers.
Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated "DevOps Engineer" to join our System Software Development team, part of the Intracom Telecom R&D unit. By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating interdisciplinary environment and take part to the transformation of a design to a prototype that is gradually brought into full production.
Preferred location for this vacancy is Athens. However, candidates from other areas, such as Thessaloniki and Patra are also encouraged to apply for our local subsidiaries there.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Implementing and setting up development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure in cooperation with company’s IT Dept.
- Planning the team structure, activities, and participating in project management activities
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Evaluating / Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with various build system (Grandle,Maven,Makefile,CMake) and package managers (npm,cargo)
- Excellent knowledge of some scripting language (Unix shell, Python, groovy)
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git, GitLab)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Excellence in troubleshooting
- Very good knowledge of English (oral & written)
- Familiarity with Containerization, Virtualization and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) technologies.
- Good understanding of Python, Java and C/C++
- Ability to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Meticulous and organized
- Addicted to automation
- Able to articulate the reasoning behind decisions and trade-offs
- Flexible, with a strong desire to learn and accept new challenges
- Proactive and positive approach to work, willing to take ownership
- Comfortable providing help, giving advice and making constructive criticism
- Comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting criticism
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”. Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.