INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape the future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers.
Within this framework, we are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Storage Engineer to be part of a team that designs, configures, develops, integrates, tests, implements, documents, and supports the storage & backup infrastructure of the organization.
Candidate will maintain the storage, backup, infrastructure including fiber channel switches infrastructure. In this scope extensive knowledge of Νetapp, Cisco and Commvault systems, will be required.
This includes the following:
- Working with different teams to capture or explain requirements including identification of end-of-life equipment, research new technologies and as a result design the solution, suggest new equipment, improve secure access, and/or achieve better efficiency
- Monitoring infrastructure for capacity and performance, propose changes if needed, and create relative reports
- Troubleshooting all systems in case of problems, identify root cause and initiating escalation to vendors if these cannot be solved inhouse
- Ensuring that software and firmware are properly updated
- Maintaining documentation of the existing technology and solutions
- Maintaining the monitoring tools for the 24x7 operation center
- Provide training for the team members
Candidate should have experience with disaster recovery technologies and data replication and have been involved in preparation of plans for disaster recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or any related academic background
- At least 5 years of experience in a relative position preferably in a large Enterprise or Service Provider
- Fluency in English Language
In-depth and hands-on experience is strongly desired in:
- RHEL, SUSE systems administration.
- Virtualization technologies (e.g., VmWare ESX/vcenter)
The following skills will be considered a plus:
- Unix scripting experience
- Working knowledge of Ms Windows operating System
- Working knowledge of operating systems security (UNIX/Linux, MS Windows)
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS
- Team player
- Fast learner
- Results oriented
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Further, the facility of a company bus is convenient for every employee.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.
Our company applies policies for equal opportunities irrespective of caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation or age.