Embedded CI/Test Engineer
As an Embedded CI/Test Engineer at u-blox you will be part of our Positioning Product Center, and work in small multi-sites (Switzerland, Finland and Greece) team of highly motivated and talented engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for testing GNSS platform firmware and silicon hardware at different levels (unit, integration, system, acceptance testing). You will also contribute to the development of our CI, DevOps and Automated testing infrastructure. You will be interfacing directly with the system architect and engineers, verification and validation team and development teams. You will contribute to test specification definition (for HW, ROM and Firmware releases, chip bring-up, validation, etc.) and test framework development. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring test traceability and mentoring the development teams in using the testing infrastructure. You will be part of a motivated, international team engineering the next generation of u-blox’s innovative and competitive GNSS solutions.
The role is located in Athens, Greece or Thalwil, Switzerland. Please add a comment in your application which location you are applying to. There will be occasional travel to our other sites within Europe.
- Test specification and test case development (for hardware/firmware releases and chip bring-up/validation)
- Definition of the test process, frameworks and tools
- Maintenance, development and improvement of the CI, DevOps and testing infrastructure
- Automation and orchestration of test execution on embedded devices (FPGA and silicon-based platforms, Bring-up/validation and development boards, etc.)
- Ensure traceability (from test plan and test runs to requirements) and derive test coverage metrics
- Review and postprocess CI/test results and report metrics and key performance indicators
- Coordination and alignment with CI/test leads throughout the organization
- Mentor the development teams in test case development and usage of the CI/testing infrastructure
Your Skills and Experience
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in Embedded Hardware/Software testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Gitlab CI etc.) and containerization (Docker)
- Good knowledge of C, Python and scripting for test automation
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. JIRA Xray) and automated test frameworks (e.g. pytest, cppunit)
- Experience in using software development tools (IDE, compilers, debuggers, build systems, version control)
- Experience with lab tools (Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Logic and Spectrum Analyzers) and scripting of them for automated testing
- Fluent in English writing and speaking
- Work permit for Greece or Switzerland
- Experience with requirement management tools
- Familiarity with chip bring-up/prototyping and debugging activities and tools
- Experience with Cortex-M series processors and interfaces like SPI, UART, I2C, USB
- Basic understanding of schematics and test boards
- Experience of working in agile development environment
Perks and Benefit
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid work model (40% remote/60% office) & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- Parking lot or public transportation subscription
- Relocation costs supported
- Meal vouchers, Health & Life Insurance, Private Pension Plan, 50% income tax relief for all citizens (EU and non-EU) relocating to Greece
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here !
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.