API Europe is a member of American Process, a global leader in the development of technologies for the commercial production of sugar and biofuels from non-food-based biomass such as woodchips or agricultural residues.
API Europe also boasts the worlds’ largest experience list for the application of Pinch Technology to industry, with a proven record of more than 300 successful process integration studies and projects in the pulp and paper and biorefinery industry.
With over twenty years of project success in the forest products industry, API Europe provides a range of process engineering services including energy conservation, process integration and feasibility studies, simulation of processes, technical audits, due diligence, project management, detailed engineering, turnkey design and construction, and operations and maintenance services.
Process Chemical Engineer
API Europe is seeking a Process Chemical Engineer for project engineering & execution work in the bio-based industry.
Duties will include:
Compiling process and equipment data sheets • Equipment and pipe sizing • Technical analysis of equipment bids • Performing process & equipment design calculations • Process optimization • Operational Reviews • P&ID and equipment drawings review & checking • Developing operational and control procedures • Work in industrial plant start-up and operations • Developing, running, and checking heat and material balances using the company’s proprietary, state of the art simulation software • Developing cost estimations for industrial processes • Overseas traveling (mainly to the USA) will be required for training, project execution, start-up and operations work.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Diploma or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Flexibility and willingness for frequent international travel, with extended overseas stays. One year’s training abroad will be required.
- Mastery of the English language, both in written and oral form
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility in problem solving
- Exceptional level of motivation; Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Professional experience in an industrial environment and/or detailed engineering and/or project execution activities will be a strong asset.
Applicants should email their resumes in English.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.