Clarke Energy is multinational specialist in gas and diesel engine-based power plants for energy efficient and renewable power generation. Clarke Energy Hellas is the authorised distributor and service provider for INNIO’ s Jenbacher gas engines in Greece. Our capabilities range from the supply of a gas-fuelled power generation engine, through to the turnkey installation of a multi-engine power plant. Clarke Energy’s ethos is one of aftersales support, delivering high levels of equipment availability through the development of a strong local service presence with in-country parts supply.
We are currently seeking for a highly motivated and experienced Sales & Proposals Engineer to join our team in Greece. The successful candidate will be responsible to consolidate and build sales offers and tenders into winning bids, to find and develop a pipeline of prospects, develop these prospects into opportunities in order to achieve sales targets and maximise opportunities on behalf of the company.
Majority of time spent
Preparing proposals, meeting and communicating with potential customers, developing a commercially and technically competitive solution that satisfies their requirements whilst demonstrating our core values.
- Interpret enquiries and requests for quotations from existing and prospective customers in order to establish an initial understanding of the range of possible requirements.
- Build further understanding of requirements by liaising with customers, either face to face or over the telephone as appropriate to needs.
- Organise site visits and meetings with major subcontractors and/or vendors as required.
- Support Manager responsible for Sales in meetings with customers during the bid-process.
- In line with product decision, determine the key objectives and possible options to be covered in the proposal, coordinating the supply of necessary information, organising the various estimates, and defining the scope of supply.
- Work in partnership with Engineering, Commercial and Project Managers as appropriate to need in order to evaluate technical risk and commercial terms.
- Compile budget proposals and tenders defining value and differentiators, prices, commercial conditions, comments and deviations and technical specifications for presentation to the customer.
- Act as focal point for customer queries regarding Proposal submission, providing answers and visiting in order to reach agreement and build a positive on-going relationship.
- Respond to all customer enquiries, ensuring that responses are accurate and timely.
- Prepare RFQ’s for suppliers/subcontractors against specs and T&C’s.
- Monitor progress and status of Proposals, maintaining accurate records and keeping the Proposals Manager fully informed at all times.
- Support Project team during handover of Proposals that have resulted in orders.
- Maintain internal Quality systems as relevant to the processing of enquiries and proposals.
- Undertake research and provide market, competitor and regulatory feedback to the Marketing function.
- Provide input to the order forecast, budget and sales and marketing plan.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions when required.
- Continuously update knowledge and assist in building understanding of the Sales function across the organisation.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management policies and procedures are adhered to in all work undertaken.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of engineering practice.
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Project management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental management policies and procedures.
Able to build and maintain excellent relationship, both within and outside the company.
Team orientated – takes a ‘one team’ approach.
Attention to detail.
Planning and organisational skills.
Strongly customer focused.
Good communication skills – gets message across clearly in written and verbal forms.
Able to work on own initiative – proactive approach.
Determined and resilient.
Effective and calm under pressure.
Good analytical skills.
Committed to quality and continuous improvement
Balanced decision maker – considers return on investment against potential risk.
Flexible and adaptable- adjusts to changing requirements and priorities.
Ability to persuade and influence.
Recruitment and succession requirements
Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal).
Experience of working with Gas Engines or in the Energy, Waste and Environmental sector.
Experience in sales/proposals.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
- Work with a dynamic and highly motivated team.
- Be a part of a leading power generation company with presence in more than 27 countries in the world.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our team, please submit your CV and cover letter or call Angeliki on 0030 2109346994 for a confidential conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.