Position Title: Wind Turbine Technician
As a Wind Turbine Technician, you will be part of our Company’s Technical Operations Department.
Reporting to your regional O&M Area Manager, you will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services to Vestas V90-3MW wind turbine projects in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
You will be based in Livadia (Viotia), Greece.
Full Time, Open-ended Employment Contract depending on candidate profile.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your daily activities will include, and you will be familiar with:
- Performing preventive, scheduled corrective and unscheduled maintenance of wind turbines in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Faultfinding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components
- Contributing to the fault diagnosis and preparation of the intervention taking into account the SCADA information and the manufacturer alarm procedures
- Reporting maintenance activity via Service Orders in the CMMS..
- Reporting any spare part and consumable use ensuring proper use of logistics principles and procedures
- Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system down time.
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety to comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Supervising specialist and subcontractor activity during main component exchange.
- Provide safety induction to contractors and visitors (if Lead technician is not available).
- Providing support for warehouse activities while ensuring spare part and tool inventories are continuously up-to-date.
- Providing out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown.
- Ensuring the highest level of turbine availability.
- Bachelor (Technological Educational Institute - TEI) in Electrical or Mechanical (or equivalent experience).
- Significant experience on wind turbines in a technician capacity.
- Knowledge of Vestas V90-3MW wind turbine.
- Knowledge of other manufacturers will be a plus.
- Experience in electricity production and automation.
- Experience in the maintenance of hydraulic systems.
- Languages : Fluency of English is required.
- High level of physical fitness, good health & ability to work at heights.
- High level of computer literacy (MS office).
- Driver’s license required.
- Residency in Livadia or the surrounding area will be considered as a plus.
- Fulfilled Military Services (for male candidates).
- Strong safety minded person.
- Excellent analytical thinking.
- Strong sense of organization and planning.
- Enjoy working in the field.
- Ability to communicate and pass on technical knowledge.