INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for a highly-motivated “Database Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
Database Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Perform all setup, configuration and maintenance-level database administrative functions including but not limited to patch installation and capacity management.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database user account creation, access and permissions
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Write technical documentation
- Be available for on-call support as needed. Flexible to work night/weekend for maintenance or disaster scenarios if and when it is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- A BA/BSc Degree or similar computer/engineering/ Information System Engineering degree
- Postgraduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Working experience as an expert in Oracle database, Oracle RAC, and Data Guard environment.
- Very good knowledge of PL/SQL development.
- Working experience with VLDB and high-load systems. Database performance and tuning capabilities.
- Working experience in MySQL database and replication environment.
- Previous experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Open Source/Linux development and production environments
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Database Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines.
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”. Further, the facility of a company bus is convenient for every employee. Our company applies policies for equal opportunities irrespective of caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation or age.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.