Junior Developers (Solution Engineering)
What Impact will you make?
Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges? From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level.
We are expanding our Software Engineering Teams in Greece and we are looking for passionate professionals willing to join the Application Modernization & Migration practice in the office at Thessaloniki, Patra, Heraklion and Ioannina.
Our Deloitte Central Mediterranean cluster (Greece, Italy, Malta), hosts our Engineering competence center. We have a steadily increasing amount of international clients in the EMEA region, thus, consequently, you will have the chance to participate to important industry leading projects and becoming part of our large professional network.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Start a career as a Junior Developer in cutting edge technologies
- Get trained on awesome tools
- Get #certified in the technologies you sharpen your developer skills on
- Become a member of a youthful team looking to develop the technology business world of tomorrow.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be part of a project delivery team, with colleagues in Greece but as well as members of other international offices, including Italy. Delivering front and / or back-end development tasks, as part of an Agile Scrum team. The projects will focus on the delivery of Cloud based and or related solutions and/or on cutting edge integration tools.
You will be:
- focused on actively and responsibly carrying out the project-related activities you will be involved in
- working & evolving with a progressively-increasing autonomy within multi-functional teams,
- responsible for the quality of your work and its alignment with the clients’ priorities, targets and needs.
Considering the tailored development you will responsible for development task, use of DevOps Tools, test automation, adoption of the standard method and international best practices.
Previous experience with Software Engineering experience will be a plus, but don’t worry: with a dedicated training path and Deloitte’s expert technical architects supporting your development, if you have a solid foundation to build on, you may successfully join our team!
You will get the chance to share your experience and knowledge with your colleagues, bringing to life our ambition: to “make an impact that matters”.
The ideal candidate needs to have the following requirements:
- Degree or in the process of acquiring the degree related to Computer Engineering, Information Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming and at least one programming language
- Basic Knowledge of Front-End framework (React, Angular, etc)
- Knowledge of relational Databases
- Knowledge of design and architectural pattern
- Communication Protocols (e.g. HTTP, JSON, API, WS, SOAP, REST, XML)
- It’s appreciated a Basic knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture or Microservices Architecture
- Good command of the English Language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team, but also autonomously if necessary.
- High motivation for consulting field.
- Academic or professional hands on experience in Development will be consider as a plus.
- Availability to travel.
The following set of knowledge is appreciated for RPA area:
- UIPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere;
- Understanding of Cyber security implications;
Depending on your previous experience and learning curve, either in short or medium term, you will progressively be able to and will:
- Improve your technical skills in: programming languages and learn how to work as a junior developer with Deloitte.
- Learn the different technological platforms, depending on the team you’re on and implement developments and solution designs.
- Ensure the resolution of complex bugs and that all requirements are met based on client needs.
- Develop your soft skills such us communication, analytical skills, problem solving, self-management and goal-oriented through international team experiences
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. Each member of our Consulting team is energized by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It is why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We are also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it is about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Deloitte offers Global professional services that include Audit, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Greece and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
Our purpose, “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society “- defines who we are and what we stand for. This is not about size; it is about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte, we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.