Phoenix Engineering is a newly established company, founded by a team of telecommunication industry experts, dedicated to providing optimized turn-key solutions in the fields of infrastructure and broadband technologies.
Based in Cologne, our company serves diverse needs of telecom and infrastructure providers throughout Europe. With respect to our clients, we strive for excellence and ensure high quality project delivery.
We are looking for a GIS Engineer to join our team of designers and complete FTTx designs for our customers.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Field and property survey
- Using fielding data, photos to create the design in the most cost-effective method with understanding of the impact of construction and material cost
- Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features
- Providing feedback where questions remain
- Preparation of LLDs, maps, sketches, and charts
- Communication with third parties, other providers etc.
- Preparing and organizing the collection of all necessary paperwork for the issuance of Permits
- Delivery of the required technical documentation.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, telecommunications, or another related technical field
- Experience with GIS based design platforms, e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, PostGIS
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD or other similar design and visualizations software
- Excellent command of the English language
- 1 to 3 years previous working experience in construction or (ideally) in the telecommunication field
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Driving License B’
- Strong engineering & time management skills
- Ability to perform within a challenging environment.
Ideally you shall also have:
- Good command of German language (current level B1)
- Previous working experience in Germany, ideally in FTTx.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.