ELVAL COLOUR, the manufacturing leader with coating solutions for building sustainability and green materials, is seeking a talented Civil Engineer to join our vibrant team, at our new office in the center of Athens!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating technical engineering solutions and a willingness to work on multiple large-scale projects. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated and self-driven individual, committed to technical excellence, seeking a position within a new and ambitious company, F-NOUS. We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
Key duties & main responsibilities:
The role of a Civil Engineer can be very varied. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Designing facades for new buildings and refurbishment projects.
- Creating reports, drawings and specifications, outlining the findings and recommendations from the structural analysis of facades.
- Collaborating with other designers, architects, engineers and contractors to ensure seamless integration of facade design with the overall building design.
- Evaluating and selecting materials and finishes that meet design specifications and budgetary requirements.
- Work as part of a single or multi-disciplinary team attending and chairing meetings with architects, contractors, etc. in an advisory capacity.
- Developing jobs technically from initial client ideas and working with our multidiscipline team to ensure coordinated outputs.
- Provide input on design competitions and bids.
- Maintain good client relations throughout the job and work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Support our technical, computational and sustainability working groups which influence our industry/society and push for innovative ways to deliver our services.
- Demonstrating interest and ability to travel occasionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field.
- Post-graduate studies in a related field will be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge FEA and 2D/3D software (such as Autocad, Revit, Rhino, NX).
- Knowledge of legislation and building codes, both domestic and worldwide will be an asset.
- Education within Façade Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture or Building Physics is valued.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written & spoken.
Skills and experience
As a Civil Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working on international projects, as well as domestic projects is valued.
- Facades design experience and professional development aspirations within the field are valued.
- Ability to take a brief from the project lead and deliver & control the tasks required, within time and budget.
- Customer orientation and excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic personality with multitasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-moving environment.
- Self-motivated, well organized, highly collaborative, team player.
Why you will love working at F-NOUS
We are a talented, vibrant team that excels in an extremely competitive environment dedicated to helping solve our clients’ greatest challenges through collaboration, innovation, and advanced technical solutions. Our technically demanding projects expand across an enviable portfolio. We offer an unrivaled opportunity to push boundaries. We invest in long-term cooperation, providing a stable work environment. We offer a challenging role with diversified responsibilities and tasks, aiming at your career development along with a competitive remuneration package and continuous education plan. Our newly renovated office is located in the center of Athens with easy access.