Workathlon, on behalf of One&Only Aesthesis in Athens, is looking for an Assistant Engineer Manager
About the role
Responsible for the overall maintenance of resorts buildings, infrastructure, hardscape and
softscape; This includes ensuring that equipment is operated and maintained according to
local regulations, manufacturer specifications and meets safety requirements and that all
Engineering staff follow appropriate safety guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of resort’s buildings and infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintenance of hardscape and softscape.
- To ensure that equipment is operated and maintained according to local regulation,
manufacturer specifications and meets safety requirements.
- To be familiar with safety standards and legal requirements and to ensure they are
followed in daily activities.
- To coordinate with external contractors to perform MEP and civil maintenance
activities and follow up the maintenance contracts.
- To follow up and ensure that minimum quantities of spare parts and expendables are
always available on site. To purchase and manage the items, in agreement with Director of Engineering.
- To ensure that MEP equipment failures or issues are responded to promptly and
- To follow up activities as per preventive maintenance calendar and to keep record it
- To follow up on refurbishment and wooden fixtures and all other reparation civil
- To follow up landscaping activities to ensure outstanding landscaping conditions
(maintenance, pest control, irrigation, tree care, forest cleaning etc.
- To ensure that maintenance requests, work orders and reports are properly filled-in
(in the maintenance software).
- To ensure that all the assets are properly imported and followed up in the
- To assist in developing and managing of departmental budget, tracking and
approving expenditure, in agreement with Director of Engineering.
- To assist, supervise and continuously give feedback to technicians on their tasks.
- To follow up daily all utilities consumption (electricity, water, heating & cooling,
Natural Gas) and to perform prompt action if any deviation from expected
consumption is noted.
- To follow up room maintenance as per Perfect room Program.
- To be familiar with the buildings BoH and public areas and all pieces of MEP
equipment (HVAC, pumps, substations, power generators, etc.) and installation
(piping, cabling, valves, control panels, ducting, kitchen equipment, dampers, utility
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Engineering.
- Degree on Electrical (or Mechanical) Engineering
- Proven experience of 2-3 years on maintenance or facility management, ideally in
- Strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Experience in handling electrical systems (MV-LV), automations, security systems,BMS, HVAC, pumping stations, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of Ms Office & AutoCAD
- Proven success working as a leader, still team orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Strong decision-making attributes, including working under pressure