Starting date: May 2024
Reports to: Spa Manager
Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye.
Santa Marina, A Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is recruiting for a Wellness & Spa Therapist on a seasonal employment basis.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our Ginkgo Spa team of resourceful and driven professionals.
This is more than just a Spa Therapist job; it is a career. As a Wellness & Spa Therapist, you will thrive as part of a dexterous team and be someone who can always carry out treatments to the highest of standards.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provides massage, body, facial and beauty treatments from the Spa Menu for guests in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Possesses in depth knowledge of Spa Menu and retail products to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all products and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities.
- Conducts a thorough health and skincare consultation prior to each service to deliver a personalized experience for each guest. Confirms contra-indications, allergies or any other health or skin-related conditions prior to providing each service.
- Provides confident post treatment care recommendations as well as offering support to guests within the retail area, achieves individual and group targets in sales as required, as well as promotes the upselling of spa treatments, products, packages, special promotions and other events.
- Stays informed of the latest Spa and Wellness trends within luxury.
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities.
- Assists with Spa reception duties when required, including but not limited to guest check-in / check-out, inquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility.
- Ensures the treatment rooms, Spa and Wellness areas are fully operational and replenished as per brand standards, as well as clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Cleans and sterilizes work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards.
- Monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venue and immediately notifies the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required.
- Ensures Spa Manager is informed about stock levels and leads by example when it comes to product usage and cost control procedures.
Experience, Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Spa Therapist in a luxury facility.
- Degree in Aesthetics and Cosmetology or Physiotherapy.
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology and skincare.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly and approachable. Excellent team player with Sales experience and a luxury approach to sales.
- Strong, primary focus on health and wellness with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements.
- Excellent use of both English and Greek language, written and verbal.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Staff Accommodation & meals on & off duty.
- Uniform provided and laundered.
- Free Parking.
As a Wellness & Spa Therapist, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at Santa Marina Resort & Villas.
Successful candidates for our Wellness Spa Therapist opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to Santa Marina Resort & Villas and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to grow within the most innovative hospitality operator, please apply now by sending an English up-to-date CV and a recent photograph.
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier. In the event of a successful application, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please note CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken into consideration.