Starting date: May 2024
Reports to: Spa Manager
Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye.
Santa Marina, A Luxury Collection Resort & Villas, Mykonos, is recruiting for a Hair Stylist on a seasonal employment basis.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our Ginkgo Spa team of resourceful and driven professionals.
As a Hair Stylist, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at Santa Marina Resort & Villas.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provides hair treatments for guests according to client’s instructions or current hairstyles, using Spa equipment provided (for example: clippers, combs, hand-held blow dryers and scissors). Hair treatments include but are not limited to, shampooing hair, cutting and trimming hair, curling/straightening hair, providing neck/head massage, etc.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Hairstylist menu and retail products in order to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all products and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities.
- Provides confident support to the retail area by providing guests with useful home care products and advice.
- Stays informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
- Ensures the Beauty Salon, Spa and Wellness areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities.
- Assists with Salon services when required, including but not limited to guest check-in, enquiries and general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility.
- Cleans and sterilizes work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards.
- Monitors the status of all Hair Salon equipment, tools and venue and immediately notifies the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required.
Experience, Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as a Hairstylist in a luxury facility
- An internationally accredited Hairstylist certification from a recognized facility.
- Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury Hotels or Luxury Hair Salons preferred.
- Sales experience; friendly and approachable.
- Strong, primary focus on the Wellness and Hair industry, with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Staff Accommodation & meals on & off duty.
- Uniform provided and laundered.
- Free Parking.
Successful candidates for our Hair Stylist opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to Santa Marina Resort & Villas and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to grow within the most innovative hospitality operator, please apply now by sending an English up-to-date CV and a recent photograph.
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier. In the event of a successful application, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please note CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken into consideration.