Pfizer's belief is that all people deserve to live healthy lives. This drives our desire to provide access to medicines that are safe, effective, and affordable. We advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives and increasingly there is a digital component to the interactions we have with patients and their health care professionals.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability.
What You Will Achieve
Record to Report (R2R) Senior Accountant is responsible for period end closing General Ledger (GL) accounting activities, balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuations, corporate reporting, internal and external audit support etc. This role supports Record to Report (R2R) GL accounting team to perform above responsibilities and is also responsible for process improvement, optimization and customer value added solutions.
As a Record to Report (R2R) Senior Accountant you will participate in the execution of one or multiple project efforts related to the Record to Report (R2R) GL accounting function with a focus on continuous improvement and optimization across Pfizer's Global Record to Report (R2R) operations. In your role, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing critical deliverables. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will facilitate in explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
How You Will Achieve It
- Perform activities related to General Ledger (GL) accounting, ensuring R2R GL accounting operations fully adhere to internal and external compliance requirements.
- Ensure quality and excellence via measurements of R2R KPI & metrics and promote the criticality of "right first time" in daily operations.
- Engage directly with business partners on GL accounting complex activities and deliverables.
- Maintain and develop relationships with groups serviced by the team and within the team.
- Prepare complete and accurate standard operating procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley related internal control documentation.
- Support internal and external audit regarding audit management and issue remediation.
- Prepare financial and GL accounting analysis completely and accurately.
- Contribute to the completion of R2R transformational projects managing own time to meet agreed targets.
- Provide support to the divisions and Controllers/Consolidations related to acquisitions or divestitures.
- Minimum 3+ years of technical accounting experience, preferably to GBS Financial Services organizations
- Bachelor's degree majoring in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in IFRS / US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Proficient business English language skills (written and verbal)
- SAP S4 Hana ERP system experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Master's degree
- Participation in a Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, ACA) highly preferred
- HFM experience is strongly preferred
- Power BI knowledge preferred
- Multinational company working experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in a Shared Services organization highly preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with accounting processes, controls or compliance preferred
- Effective decision maker, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals