Pet City Group, the leader in the pet care retail market in Greece with over 90 stores, e-commerce presence, over 3,5million customers, over 17 thousand unique products and over 800 employees, is currently looking for an Accountant to join the team and report to the Accounting Manager. You will be responsible for performing daily accounting tasks, managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling ledgers.
- Post the accounting entries correctly in compliance of Local and International Accounting
- Reconcile General ledger accounts and make corrections where appropriate
- Reconciliation of customer-supplier balances
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash flows
- Assist Accounting Team in the preparation of annual budgets
- Process payments and financial documents such as invoices, statements, and vouchers accurately and within expected time periods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant degree.
- Master’s Degree will be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Advance in MS Office especially Excel, and ERP software
- English knowledge (written and oral)
- Agile, flexible, accountable, and real team player
- Time management and organizational skills
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities to learn and grow within a dynamic and fast-growing company
- Friendly and collaborative working environment
- Special prices and discounts on healthcare, well-being, and insurance packages through our network of partners
- Employee discounts on our products and services
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment!