Pfizer's Enabling Functions Hubs serve to bring internal professional services such as Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing together into a consolidated and simplified shared services structure. Colleagues in the Enabling Functions Hubs execute end-to-end operational activities that can be standardized and scaled for greater enterprise synergies and effectiveness.
The Associate - Payroll is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of all payroll activities and operations for assigned payroll cycles/populations. This includes processing, validation, balancing, audit compliance, exceptions, repayments, off-cycle, post-payroll and annual processes.
- Manage activities associated with regular execution of assigned payrolls, including collection and validation of inputs and error resolution. Communicate payroll kick off and approval processing milestones. Validate and balance payroll, process changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Provide required funding forecasts, bank files and GL files to Treasury and Finance.
- Distribute required reports to stakeholders during and post-payroll.
- Work with Manager to process more complex payroll changes, including sales bonuses, STD, return to work, LOA, military leave, severance and employee death.
- Process off-cycle payroll requests.
- Responsible for overall collection of payroll claims / overpayments / repayments working with HR, Legal and Payroll teams.
- Responsible for developing and publishing annual payroll calendar, including cut-off dates and other key dates to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all necessary audit processes are implemented and followed in order to assure Sarbanes-Oxley, external and internal audit compliance. Record pertinent RCM and validation activities in corporate systems.
- Work with vendor, Digital, Finance and other teams as needed to ensure technology, integrations, GL interfaces and other system components are functional.
- Respond to Tier 3 colleague inquiries as referred by the HR Service Center.
- Serve as back-up for other team members as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 3+ years' experience in payroll, accounting or human resources
- Knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Fluency in German language is required
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred